BUG - Balancing on POTD as you are releasing the 3 DLCS (Expansions)

Teclis23

Question

Hi Obsidian

When you guys fixed POTD difficulty balancing after release in  that patch you did you balanced the game without taking into consideration the three DLCS that are getting released.

For example i just finished the Beast of Winter (Which was unreal by the way) at level 14. After i finished BOW i had all the new equiptment including 2 sets of legendary plate armour that i brought with me to complete the rest of the game.

I had to stop my play-through because it was far to easy. I was playing on POTD level scaling all upwrards. I estimate that i probably had about 50% of the game left to finish.

Can you please rebalance the difficulty on POTD to make it harder fotr the end game as you havent taken into consideration how the expansions will effect it. 

I am guessing that after all three have been released this issue will become even worse. 

Edited by Teclis23

7 answers to this question

And what about people who didn't / won't buy any DLC? Anyway, any balance questions shouldn't be posted here - maybe, we should have a special pinned topic for all rebalance suggestions. Fixing gamebreaking bugs is more important now, and 2.0 patch has made the situation even worse than it was before.

I'm not sure you understand what a bug is. The game has always been easy. You have always been able to reach max level well before the end of the game. The new BoW items are quite powerful and unique (well, some of them), though not more so than other items that have always been available in game.

A bug is when something happens that isn't supposed to as a result of a coding error. This is deliberate game design. It is done so that people are able to do minimalist runs without getting stomped on by the unavoidable fights etc. Would I like something done about it? Absolutely. But it is not a bug.

• Like 2

Path of the dammed turning into Path of the fairies at level 14 is a bug

A really big bug

Stop make foolish considerations (it's not the first time you try to do that) , if you don't like the balance explain it in another way.

This is not a bug, it's just a subjective feeling.

i don't like your reply,  just to be clear. And i don't think this will never be a constructive thread.

Edited by kilay

• Like 2

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man