Error starting Beast of Winter?

dungy

Question

I am having a difficult time starting Beast of Winter.  I have installed it.  There is the Beast of Winter icon in the bottom left corner of the main screen, and when I hover my mouse icon over this, it says "Beast of Winter - installed".

I have loaded my game in Act 3, and I don't seem to be able to initiate this quest.  I get no letter about the quest, and there is no snowy island in the southeast corner of the map.  I have tried camping several times, and entering and exiting several ports.  I have loaded an older saved game from Act 2 without success.  What am I doing wrong?

1 answer to this question

Hello Dungy,

That's strange that the game is showing the DLC being installed and it not appearing there.  There are several things we can look into that may fix the issue.  The first request I have is if you could send me a copy of that save file so that we can attempt to reproduce the issue in house and get a fix that way.  The other things you can attempt to do while we look into the save depend on what type of operating system your computer has(Windows, Mac, Linux) and what platform you use to play the game(Steam, GOG, MacPlay, etc).

The most common would be Windows with Steam or GOG.  In those cases you can uncheck the Beast of Winter DLC in the game library to have the game uninstall that content, then recheck the DLC to reinstall the content.  From there I recommend closing the platform completely and reopening it to refresh everything.  At that point run Deadfire and see if  Harbingers' Watch appears on the World Map.  If that didn't work, then it may require a complete uninstall and reinstall to get all the proper files to work and display the content.

Please let me know if those solutions work for you and if you are able to obtain that save file for me.  You can find instructions for finding the save file here.  You can either provide a link to your files via Dropbox or you may attach them to an email for us at support@obsidian.net. If you do email us, please link this post and mention your forum username so that we may identify you easily.

Sorry for the inconvenience this is causing.