Can't import savegame

WiduMew

Question

I hope someone can help me, I'm at my wits end (also have no understanding of logs and variables and stuff :( )

My game doesn't recognize my completed POE1 savegame at all. It's there, I checked, but I can't select it when starting Deadfire (at the Pallid Knight table)- the only two files it recognizes are two very, very old saves, one being from a character I deleted.

Things tried:

- Re-finishing POE

- Manually placing the gamecomplete.savegame in the C:\Users\username\Saved Games\Pillars of Eternity II folder (no subfolder, it's just there under the Achievements folder)

- Placing the savegame in the folder C:\Users\username\AppData\LocalLow\Obsidian Entertainment\Pillars of Eternity II\CurrentGame

- Reinstalling both games

- Delete all savegames and re-downloading them from the cloud

I have GoG, auto updates of both games, Windows 7 and all DLCs.

2 answers to this question

Update: after two days I got it to work by turning off cloud syncing and refinishing Pillars I. 

Hopefully there is a way to tell Galaxy that my pc has the correct saves and sync with them instead of the other way around, but if not I'll keep savegame syncing turned off.

Hi WiduMew,

Your Pillars of Eternity I gamecomplete.savegame files must be in the following location:

Save File: %USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\Pillars of Eternity

If they are not in this location, they will not be found in Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire during POE 1 Histories Import selection.