Blights and one handed style?

So if you use blights do you get the +20 hit to crit with the one handed style talent?

And does anyone know if Merciless gaze stacks with the one handed talent for a total of +35% hit to crit? Also dirty fighting for another 10% so a total of +45% hot to crits with blights thats pretty huge

Also does the rod talent work that gives blast? Bit tricky cause blights alleady give blast

Edited by Teclis23

First of all: Blights belong to no weapon proficiency so they can't have Blast.

Then yes: Blights get the bonus of One Handed Style.

But as I already explained to your ancestors (if I remember correctly ;)):

Additional conversion chances stack, but they don't add up like you suggested above.

Conversions get checked one after the other. If a conversion happens the check stops. If you have for example One Handed Style and Merciless Gaze and Dirty Fighting you will not have a conversion chance of 45% but rather 38.8%.

Because of math basically. This has nothing to do with a weird implementation on Obsidian's side: it's just like chances add up (or rather: multiply) if you check chances one after the other.

You can simply do the math like this:

Merciless Gaze does 15% so we will use the inversion (the chance NOT to convert) and use it as decimal number like so:

15% = 0.15 -> 0.85 chance NOT to convert (I will use "NtC" as abbreviation).

Do the same with the others:

20% -> 0.8 NtC

10% -> 0.9 NtC

Now multiply: 0.9*0.8*0.85 = 0.612 NtC

That's a 61.2% chance NOT to convert hit to a crit. So you have a 100% - 61.2% = 38.8% chance to convert.

Not 45% but still great.

Blights also get a 30% or even 45% speed boost from dual wielding + Two Weapon Style - for example if you put a dagger into the offhand and attack from range.

If you use Tuotilo's Palm you can use Weapon & Shield Style AND Two Weapon Style with Blights.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 3

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Yes, exactly.

It also works with Hand Mortar/Fire in the Hole/ and rod + Blast.

If you use a wizard try and wear the Ring of Focused Flame, summon Minor Blights, then summon an Essential Phantom: it will also have Minor Blights - but only the burn version which will not change - the phantom will get +10 accuracy to all his Blight attacks then and you two can fire AoE-shots as a team. 

• Like 4

Yes, exactly.

If you use a wizard try and wear the Ring of Focused Flame, summon Minor Blights, then summon an Essential Phantom: it will also have Minor Blights - but only the burn version which will not change - the phantom will get +10 accuracy to all his Blight attacks then and you two can fire AoE-shots as a team. 

thanks boerer

Yes, exactly.

how did you figure this out this is insane?

I had a suspicion:

I read in the patch notes that Wizard's phantoms now get your gear.

I suspected that the phantom must get clones of the items.

That made me think: what happens with cloned summoned weapons when their managing spell effect isn't cloned as well? They should behave like summoned weapons you give yourself with the console.

And it is like I suspected. :)

I was pretty sure Obsidian didn't think about summoned weapons.

I started testing with Concelhaut's Draining Touch (which on a phantom doesn't go away after one hit - and thus your phantom can do very serious single target damage with it), then tested Minor Blights (I suspected wouldn't cycle), then Spirit Lance (works fine on a phantom but no surprises here) and finally Enhanted Armory (where I found out that you can keep the Breastplate and the one-handed Great Sword permanently if you do certain things).

• Like 3