I have seen alot of people saying this weapons is good. I tried it out for a bit and it didnt seem to be laning alot of hits in the AOE that it says it does. Is it bugged or am i not using it right? Im talking about applying afflictikns in its AOE area like confounding blind and the monks stunning fists?

Im having alot of success doing this with hand mortar. Man is this weapon stupidly powerful. My rogue/ monk using hand mortar is just blasting the crap put of eveything by applying afflictions in the aoe.

Giving a rogue hand mortar makes the rogue better then a wizard at ranged damage and buffing/ debuffing.

Edited by Teclis23

Wahai Poraga only hits up to 3 additional enemies, not all in range (like it says in its description).

It has reduced base damage though.

The good thing about it is that it works well with Swift Flurry and Heartbeat Drumming for the additional attack procs. And of course it lets you riposte after an attack, which is nice.

It's generally pretty good for stuff like Heart of Fury, Vengeful Defeat, Cleaving Stance or Clear Out when you combine a melee AoE ability with the AoE of the pollaxe to to a lot of hit rolls.

It's also cool to use with stuff like Force of Anguish to just push most people from you if you get pummeled too hard ot use Mule Kick to interrupt and short-CC most enemies around you.

You can use it to give a tank some offensive or CC power: normally you would use a shield setup, but you can switch to Wahai Poraga occasionally to deliver a AoE strike.

But it's not a "no brainer" weapon that you pick up and use exclusively. It's just not good against single targets.  

All those melee abilites you can't use with the Hand Mortar (or Fire in the Hole). Monks can only use Stunning Blows/Surge with it. Of course for rogues those are great weapons because you can dual wield them (and lots of rogues' attack are full ones) and also rogues' abilities work equally well with melee and ranged weapons.

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods