Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Possible lore error (minimal spoiler)

lore error

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Inertio

Inertio

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this (if not please move as appropraite), but I may have found a factual/lore error in the Beast of Winder DLC, which I've only started playing through (and which I am enjoying it so far). Still, I have noticed something that might be a story/writing oversight.

I'm playing in TOI mode, so I can't append a save, but during Vatnir's introduction of the Watcher to the Harbinger community (praising the Watcher for causing the Defiance Bay riots) one of the responses (again if I recall correctly) is something akin to "Again, I am not responsible for Duc Hadret's death".

Now, lore-wise, shouldn't this line refer to Aevar Wolf-Grin, killed by Thaos, who soul-cast himself into poor, poor Ramir di Barrasc? -- God rest his soul (Berath allocate his soul?).

• omgFIREBALLS and Hawke64 like this

house2fly

house2fly

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 641 posts
I don't remember getting that option myself but it certainly would be an error- Aevar isn't even a descendant of Hadret (unless those con artists' soul readings count)

Edited by house2fly, 04 August 2018 - 01:58 PM.

Inertio

Inertio

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Since my character died (doing a first ever playthrough on TOI with a Hellwalker, go figure; not advisable and not advised), I just came across the dialogue again. It's definitely there.

Attached Files

• Attached File  bug.jpg   90.41KB   0 downloads

• Tick likes this

DozingDragon

DozingDragon

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 101 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
Definitely an error. Perhaps you should post this on the technical support subforum? There are QA folks who seem to check that forum regularly.

Inertio

Inertio

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Definitely an error. Perhaps you should post this on the technical support subforum? There are QA folks who seem to check that forum regularly.

A fine idea! Done!

• DozingDragon likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lore, error

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users