Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Black Textures

graphics new update beast of winter graphics issue

Best Answer ruzen , 03 August 2018 - 02:42 AM

I have the same issue as well no mods no save. Tried on different settings. Nothing worked. Same setup except 1060 GTX

Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

wagmainis

wagmainis

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 6 posts

Hi,

I am getting a kind of a graphical bug when instead of proper textures, it only shows as black. This is after the Beast of Winter update last night. I saw this on the bridge in Crookspur Fort, the Crystal spiders in the Crookspur cavern, and the Messenger (Beast of Winter). I wasn't able to get the screenshots for the first two but attached is the screenshot for the Messenger.

Please note the following:

- Game version 2.0

- Graphics set on High

- Save game is modded and console commanded (but no mods for graphics)

- Rig is as follows:

- CPU: Core i5 6600

- GPU: AMD R9 390 8gb

- RAM: 16gb DDR4 2133

I am now currently:

- Trying the game without mods

- Trying the game on medium and low graphics

- Trying the game with all graphics settings unticked

EDIT: I got the textures back. I'm not sure what did it but I removed the mods and revalidated the files (through Steam)

Attached Files

Edited by wagmainis, 03 August 2018 - 12:20 AM.

ruzen

ruzen

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
✓  Best Answer

I have the same issue as well no mods no save. Tried on different settings. Nothing worked. Same setup except 1060 GTX

wagmainis

wagmainis

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 6 posts

If you're using steam, you can try verifying the integrity of game files. I have recently re-added some of my mods and it seems to be working fine now.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: graphics, new update, beast of winter, graphics issue

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users