Class Specific Dialogue and Whether it Matters

Hey guys, 

So... Going into my next playthrough, I'm a little bit concerned about playing certain classes roleplay wise. I've noticed a distinct disparity (Just looking at the hidden qualifiers) between Ciphers, Priests, Rangers (Especially Ghost Hearts) and pretty much everyone else. The class combo I'm wanting to use, Barbarian/Rogue, only gets a very few unique dialogues, and I'm pretty sure one of them is Corpse Eater specific, which is a cool class thematically but not so much in terms of actual gameplay. 

So, my main worry is that if I'm not a Priest of Berath or Magran, or a Cipher, I won't be getting the same kind of experience, especially with the DLC coming out. So, I suppose I'll ask you - what am I really missing out on, for going with one of the lesser used class combinations? 

Ciphers seem to have options that come up in the scripted events - they can sense if others are nearby or scan creatures' brains. Priests seem to get more rp options in dialogue, but I've yet to play a priest long enough to report just how significant it is. If you're a ranger you can ask your animal companion to check the fish in the crew event at sea. That's all I know.

Edited by handsomenat

Ciphers seem to have options that come up in the scripted events - they can sense if others are nearby or scan creatures' brains. Priests seem to get more rp options in dialogue, but I've yet to play a priest long enough to report just how significant it is. If you're a ranger you can ask your animal companion to check the fish in the crew event at sea. That's all I know.

Alright. So seems like a lot of stuff you could do with other skills, except for the Priest interactions (Most of which are just "I bless you" or "I ask my god/goddess for help"). Noted! No worries playing a thug, then. 

It kinda reminds me of one talk Josh Sawyer gave at ca. 2015? about game design and approaching the dialogue choices so that the player can always have consistent options to choose from and all of them should work and allow for achieving the goal. Instead of making one correct path and having the player sacrifice rp for "winning"/hacking the system. (For example, when creating a character you could spend points on skills that never come up in a dialogue; that would be a poor design). In PoE1 there was a number of instances where resolve was the only solution. It also relied rather heavy on having a cipher. In Deadfire I think there's overall more freedom in picking and choosing your options although come to think of it, having high Insight seemed to come up rather often. Still don't know what I'm exactly missing by not playing as a priest but other than that... picking a class seems to have more repercussions in combat than dialogues.