What are peoples favourite armour to put on their tanks for party play? I usually end up using Reckless Brigandine, although prior to that I often give them DoC BP if I don't have another char that wants it. In my current run I'm using Patinated Plate but I just really don't like how slow it makes you, even with the AS enchant. It sucks seeing an enemy about to use an ability I want to stop, but I can't as I'm only halfway through a 6 second recovery...

If your tank is Eder and he is a swashbuckler, then Patinated Plate is definitely one of the best (Just slap Bronze Juggernaut on and if he has riposte, he is invincible and just slaps ppl to death by standing in the middle of everyone), but a close second for me is the Hearth Defender Mail (medium armor) because it gives a huge +2 armor aura if your companions love ya. (You get it late in the game though). 

Patinated is good but is a "slow" heavy armor = don't expect your tank to do much damage in it.

I think best are

Casita Samelia's Legacy if you run a high deflection build that tries to riposte in case of rogue or "blade turn" attacks in case of monk.

Reckless Brigandine is my other favorite if you are building a high engagement tank because I think it gives like -5% recovery per engaged target and is still a heavy armor. 

Yeah Hearth Defender is also nice but very late game I think and requires certain conditions for it's bonus.

Reckless Brigandine has been my go-to for multiple playthroughs.

Hearth Defender is worth a note but mostly suited for the PC and it has a bit low armor IIRC.

Patinated Plate is slow but does have really high armor.

Blackened Plate is pretty impressive but late game.

If your tank is Eder and he is a swashbuckler, then Patinated Plate is definitely one of the best (Just slap Bronze Juggernaut on and if he has riposte, he is invincible and just slaps ppl to death by standing in the middle of everyone), but a close second for me is the Hearth Defender Mail (medium armor) because it gives a huge +2 armor aura if your companions love ya. (You get it late in the game though). 

Yep using Eder as Swashbuckler. I just really dislike having to wait ~6-7 seconds between actions; if he takes some burst damage right after attacking, he's in trouble.

Patinated is good but is a "slow" heavy armor = don't expect your tank to do much damage in it.

I think best are

Casita Samelia's Legacy if you run a high deflection build that tries to riposte in case of rogue or "blade turn" attacks in case of monk.

Reckless Brigandine is my other favorite if you are building a high engagement tank because I think it gives like -5% recovery per engaged target and is still a heavy armor. 

Yeah Hearth Defender is also nice but very late game I think and requires certain conditions for it's bonus.

Yeah those are pretty much what I've narrowed it down to, though since I'm pumping metaphysics for Cadhu Scalth I'll probably go with Reckless. I tend to try and max out engagement slots so it fits well. The AS bonus is more like 5% + ~2-3% per engaged enemy enemy. Still very good though and nicely offsets the heavy penalty.