Does deleting a mod mess up your save file?

Hey folks,

I've been experimenting with some mods and I've just deleted my failures. But now, when I try to load my save game I'm getting an error message saying the game can't load the map.

I'm guessing this is because I've deleted the mods that the save was using. This isn't a problem, as that save game was just for testing, but I'd just like to be sure for the future:

If you're using mods and you delete them, will this mess up any saved game that was using those mods?

Cheers.

I can see no reason for deleting a MOD killing your save

Well, as long as it's one that gets installed in override

There are a few 'naughty' MODs that play around with anything rather than override

If you were using a 'naughty' one - pics are a good example but don't break the game

One of our group sent me a savegame that used such a MOD - all it did was give me a blank piccy

If, however, something messes with exported then that will defo have the chance to break game

We do test the limits - this is useful as it lets us get in front of patches but we don't release them (as they will defo cause issues)

If you can find out which MOD it was I can tell you exactly what's wrong

OK Fair warning has been applied

I'm gonna move the domain to https://perspak.com early Feb but will keep all content

There are reasons behind this move which basically boil down to unifying my release schedule

My friends are welcome to play (I'll set you up your own areas if you desire them)

Please note that this process is messy so may take a few weeks 

You might end up with phantom effects or something along those lines. I had a save with the Trinkets mod, and one character had a trinket equipped. When I deleted it that character had an empty trinket slot and a MissingItemMods permanent effect... oops.

So make sure you don't have any equipment from the mod on your character, or any effects active. Other than that mods shouldn't affect much

E: I have had an issue that was similar when I went to the Black Cupboard. Never figured out what caused it, maybe mods or maybe some quest bug. I know it persisted through a complete reinstall, and I had to delete the Black Cupboard from my save entirely to go in there again

Edited by house2fly

Aha! I think it must be the new mod I'm working on then. I've obviously stuffed something up again *sigh*.

I'll delete the new mod and see if that fixes it.

Thanks for the replies.