*Possible Spoilers* Devoted Dual Wield Swashbuckler: Help Me Decide Between Sabres or Swords

I went through the game as mindstalker wielding whispers of yenwood (enchant silence the dead) and modwyr, couldn’t help but wonder why modwyr’s owner threw her away, that maniac laughter just fits to the psychotic character you end up, unless you carefully select dialogue choises.

Swords have advance on hitting either piercing or slashing damage where sabras only deal slashing.

• Like 1

I highly suggest swords over sabres as a Devoted. Swords have two damage types yet lack base penetration; Devoted's penetration bonus eliminates that flaw. In turn the dual damage types allow you to fight nearly every enemy without weapon switching, which is important since you will have heavy penalties for your Crushing Damage backup weapon.  

• Like 1

I highly suggest swords over sabres as a Devoted. Swords have two damage types yet lack base penetration; Devoted's penetration bonus eliminates that flaw. In turn the dual damage types allow you to fight nearly every enemy without weapon switching, which is important since you will have heavy penalties for your Crushing Damage backup weapon.  

My only qualm is that I'm building  a raider/pirate who originates from the Deadfire, so lore wise sabers make more sense. However, it's pretty easy to get good swords early in Neketaka i.e. Duskfall (obtained via good diplomacy), and Whispers (only 1500, and not that hard to enchant away the will debuff).

Edited by Wodehouse_44

If you need to dual-wield sabres as a Devoted, then I suggest dual clubs for your backup weapon slot. Covering Slash and Crush is better than covering Slash and Pierce, and club accuracy bonus and attack speed will help mitigate the lost accuracy. Their modal can also be safely ignored.

• Like 3