Beta Patch 2.0 is live...and so far it looks more like a 1.5

It is indeed not a "feature" of 2.0. It's the entire DAMN REASON it's 2.0. As you've been told on the Steam announcement too apparently. I figured it didn't need saying but apparently it does. The reason it's mentioned seperate is cause you don't need to own the DLC to get the patch. But it's still the "major iterative change" that increments the version. As I've looked up was the same for PoE1.

And to use your analogy. Do you think your mechanic would install your transmission, then waits 8 hours, then does the windshield? Or instead waits for both to be present, then do both of them at the same time. Now tell me which of these 2 is the more logical choice to you.

You're saying that the version numbers have been advanced because of the release of DLC; I'm saying that the version numbers have been advanced due to major gameplay innovations independent of the DLC and that the DLC is offered optionally alongside them. As my analogy was meant to illustrate, the presentation of two things at the same time does not mean that they are interdependent. Given that one of the features is provided automatically and the other must be paid for, it's logical to assume that the former drives the version change independent of the latter. IN EITHER CASE, it's irrelevant to my main contention, which was that 2.0 (so far) doesn't seem to feature the core gameplay improvements that Obsidian's past X.0s have had. It's an observation, that's all.

TL;DR: Yes, each major iterative patch in the PoE series has had optional DLC offered alongside it, but each major iterative patch in the PoE series has also included major features that affect the core gameplay beyond the scope of the DLC. Deadfire 2.0, from what we've seen thus far, does not appear to follow in that trend, hence the original point of this thread.

---

As others have said, the lack of core gameplay improvements in the beta doesn't necessarily mean that they won't be featured in the release (although we're coming down to the wire) or soon afterward. If 1.1 and 1.2 could bring major improvements to balance and difficulty, 2.1 and 2.2 certainly can as well.

Edited by Purudaya

With said observation, it does seem that my theory (It's due to DLC) is correct above yours (it's the gameplay changes).

So why stay admitant in the face of so much contrary evidence? After all with 3 more DLC's that' makes us currently at half the version. So you still got plenty of time for all those balance tweaks. One patch being an ACTUAL patch never killed anyone. And personally, I much rather have Obsidian fix gamebreaking bugs that prevent someone finishing the gmae.

You ARE aware the X-packs are far more "content / change" than some gameplay or UI changes right?

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

https://twitter.com/WorldofEternity/status/1025114770192531456

DLC2 will be 3.0, DLC3 will be 4.0. Looking forward to 2.1 myself, enchanting's a pain.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee