Raedric vs. Maerwald: Who to confront first?

I'm at a point where I've basically done all the quests in the first act of the game except Lord of a Barren Land and pressing on with the Main Quest by going to Caed Nua, and I'm not sure which I should tackle first.  I do want to deal with all of Act I's side-quests before finishing the Act itself, but at the same time, I've run into some fights I struggled with, even on Normal difficulty with a party of 5 (My Pale Elf Cipher, Aloth, Eder and Durance plus a hired Mountain Dwarf Paladin), and I understand Raedric is one of the more difficult fights in the first act, so I'm debating whether I should wait until I go to Caed Nua so I have Kana Rua in the party too, or maybe even until after I get Sagani just afterwards, before going to Raedric's Hold.

Can I beat Raedric with the party I have?

• 4 weeks later...

Wait, what?  You mean you hadn't 'improved' Raedric into potting soil before you ever got to Caed Nua? 

Shame on you.  There are laws about leaving garbage lying about.

BTW, you can beat Raedric (and pretty much all his minions) with just your MC, if you are very careful.  After all, how else could anyone ever solo the game?

Edited by dreamrider

• 2 weeks later...