Hard Drive Running Constantly, Then Game Crashes with No Error Logs

ablewebs

Question

Hi,

I have a Nvidia GeForce GTX 580 graphics card. I tried the settings in the post for the Nvidia cards (https://support.obsidian.net/article/35-frame-rate-issues-and-constant-crashing-with-nvidia-gfx-cards), but that didn't help. When the game gets started, my computer sounds much louder, like the hard drive is running extra hard or something. Then in a few short minutes my computer crashes and I need to reboot. I don't see any error logs in the Steam/steamapps/common/Pillars of Eternity II folder. I've played lots of games with no problems: PoE (original), Divinity, Divinity II, etc.. My grandson was playing League of Legends a couple of days ago for several hours (no problems).

Is this an Nvidia issue or is it something else?

I'm 69 years old (in a few days!) and I love RPG's. I really want to be able to play PoE II, but, if this keeps happening, I will have to ask for a refund on Steam. :(

Many thanks for your help.

- Andrea

• Like 1

3 answers to this question

Happy birthday, in advance. Hope you are able to get the technical issues worked out. It’s a great game and worth playing.

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Hi Andrea,

I have had similar issues (i think) with the game, and this thread helped me and a lot of other people out:

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/103723-so-uh-i-fixed-one-of-the-games-performance-problems-with-whom-do-i-speak/

Try it out, it's a non-invasive procedure and easy to follow :)

Hope you get it to work!

Edited by Andronidas