alicoop95

Cannot get past Sex choice in character creation

Question

When trying to create a new character, I get stuck at the "Sex & Race" screen.

I can click on either male or female, however when I click "next", the camera zooms in, but does not advance to the next part of character creation. 

I have no mods installed, and this replicates every time I go into character creation. Changing my POE1 background doesn't have any effect. 

I have the game downloaded on Steam.

System details:

Windows 10

Intel Core i5-6300HQ. CPU @ 2.3 GHz (4 CPUs)

16384MB RAM

13238MB available

DirectX Version 12

post-218134-0-13548700-1531059477_thumb.png

output_log.txt

• Like 1

5 answers to this question

I am having the same issue. Though for me it happened after installing then uninstalling a character creation mod. After the uninstall i cant get past the character creation screen. I was mostly unhappy with the appearance options for the characters. I wish I could find an answer as to how to fix this as well. T^T

I am also having this issue I have the game on Steam. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and it fixed the problem but it came back the next day. I do have mods removing them didn't fix the issue. I also tried verifying the files.

For now ive worked around by using the unity console mod from nexusmods. Load an early save, change name,changerace class etc, save and you have a "new" character.

I managed to get it working by removing my override folder. Seems something in there causes the problem. After I make the new character I paste the override folder back in.

I managed to get it working by removing my override folder. Seems something in there causes the problem. After I make the new character I paste the override folder back in.

Thank you, kind soul, it did help!