1.2 patch & existing save games

So I went through the patch notes, but I didn't see anything relating to whether all those changes will apply to existing save games, or only when the player starts a new game.  I know some players had issues w/ 1.1 and existing saves (I didn't, but I had started POE2 after 1.1 was live).

Patch 1.2 downloaded last night after I had stopped playing, so I'm wondering if there are any issues or what changes will be relevant (any or all).

It changes existing saves. I had a savegame where every available save point would crash after loading the first area transition, effectively breaking my game for that playthrough.

I tested it after 1.2 and it worked like a charm

Edited by fortuntek

From what I've seen, the changes seem to be applied to the current saves.  However, some of them also seem to be missing. For example, I know the one that recommends party members for quests is there, but I have yet to see the added feature showing how dialogue affects companion favor show up in my current save.

If your concern is more about the combat balancing changes, I can't comment on that as much. Theorycrafting / combat isn't really something I track closely, but based on other threads those changes seem to be active as well.  If this is incorrect, please someone say otherwise. These are just things I've noticed myself so far. 

From what I've seen, the changes seem to be applied to the current saves. However, some of them also seem to be missing. For example, I know the one that recommends party members for quests is there, but I have yet to see the added feature showing how dialogue affects companion favor show up in my current save.

If your concern is more about the combat balancing changes, I can't comment on that as much. Theorycrafting / combat isn't really something I track closely, but based on other threads those changes seem to be active as well. If this is incorrect, please someone say otherwise. These are just things I've noticed myself so far.

The reputation recorded will only update from conversations you have after the update. Anything before that will not be recorded.

I still wish there was a record of what to say for each of Kana's endings from the first game.

I ended up starting a new game anyway, since I was only just @ level 6 and not that far in.  My concerns weren't for combat balance or changes to character types (like paladin, monk, ect) as I don't play solo or PotD.  My concern was for quest fixes & the reputation log as well as the recommended party members.  I love the whole reputation system, not only worldwide, but especially within my own party, trying to balance the personalities.  It's amazing what little comments show up in that new rep log, that never show up in the dialog UI at the bottom of the screen.