[Mod Idea] New Animancer Class

Now that this is possible, we could try to create a new Animancer class, based on soul and constructs.

Sawyer had this idea long time ago, and we could even talk to him about his ideas for the class.

• Like 2

If you read @BMac's 1.2.0 release notes you'll see we've got far more flexibility in SubClasses now

I admit I've not been through the class system yet but I see the possibilities

So, yep, it appears perfectly feasible to create an Animancer

Do me a "Marvin the Paranoid Android" robot :)

Actually - I may do that one as a pet as I'm almost fully up to speed on items...

OK Fair warning has been applied

I'm gonna move the domain to https://perspak.com early Feb but will keep all content

There are reasons behind this move which basically boil down to unifying my release schedule

My friends are welcome to play (I'll set you up your own areas if you desire them)

Please note that this process is messy so may take a few weeks 

An animancer class could be interesting, but most of its obvious roles are already filled in: a "beastmaster"-like class we'd have in constructs is present in a ranger, though I'd be all for putting the "beastmaster" aspect in a new class and making ranger more interesting as a, well, ranger. The soul aspect's mostly present in Ciphers, though every class has Soul powers when we get to the basics.

Aside from constructs, we could have some form of necromancy, abilities that use concoctions or devices to destabilize enemy souls and possibly strengthen ally souls, perhaps render enemies unable to use abilities or CC'd by temporarily severing the connection to their souls; plenty of options.

Do me a "Marvin the Paranoid Android" robot :)

*Radiohead starts playing in the distance*

Edited by Taevyr

Good to know this is possible now, the mod I was thinking of can take advantage of this completely.

The original idea behind the mod was a seperate sub-class for Druid, but now I think something like a "Spirit Shaman" could work even better, and each sub-class being a different one of the spiritshift forms, but with a more spectral appearance.

I did a whole big ass write up on this if anyone is interested. (passive progression, skills, changes, etc.) I'd have to change a lot of flavor to fit the new idea though.

Edit: You can do that right? Add a visual effect to a skill like spiritshift? Pretty sure there was a mod that changed the Fury shift into a sort of see-through version of your character this way right?

Edited by Nudal

We could even try to have some fampyr powers at high level, because Fampyrs are people without a soul (like Ydwin).

Yes, a construct/ devices/ soul engines could be fun

Now i'm craving a Fampyr class which requires eating kith meat.... And perhaps we could also add some powers connected to an disembodied soul/soul travelling between bodies, like what Thaos does at the Sanitarium in PoE1. Temporarily taking over enemies directly? Spiritshift variation? Being able to attack directly with your soul for after being knocked out, at a risk of permadeath when hit?

Also, not exactly on topic, but that profile pic is beautifully horrific.

• Like 1

We could even try to have some fampyr powers at high level, because Fampyrs are people without a soul (like Ydwin).

Yes, a construct/ devices/ soul engines could be fun

Now i'm craving a Fampyr class which requires eating kith meat.... And perhaps we could also add some powers connected to an disembodied soul/soul travelling between bodies, like what Thaos does at the Sanitarium in PoE1. Temporarily taking over enemies directly? Spiritshift variation? Being able to attack directly with your soul for after being knocked out, at a risk of permadeath when hit?

I love all of your ideas and sounds like a lot of fun

The 2 most representative examples of animancer I can remember are Galvino and Osrya.

Osrya was really close to necromancy, Galvino more with general constructs.

It's hard to have a good focus of what an animancer is because blends into the same realm cipher and watcher already are in.

CzSyX91.jpg