[Idea] Berath's Blessings: Play as a Gunhawk/Watershaper/etc.

Hello all,

Id like to propose a new Berath's Blessing. The ability to play (single-class/multi-class) as one of the 7 companion-unique subclasses:

Gunhawk (Ranger subclass)

post-155224-0-42147800-1530339970_thumb.jpg

Watershaper (Druid Subclass)

post-155224-0-06489600-1530339990_thumb.jpg

Freremas mes Canc Suolias (Paladin subclass)

Wild Mind (Cipher subclass)

Storm Speaker (Chanter subclass)

Priestess/Priest of Gaun (Priest subclass)

Sister/Brother of the Reaping Moon (Monk subclass)

• Like 3

The elephant in the room: 

People would take these and ask for more dialogue choices that reflect them. 
If fully integrated, it'd affect companion reputations. That's a lot of coding. 

To make it slightly more sane, a Blessing to let us create Adventurers of these types might be possible. 

Magran's fire casts light in Dark Places...

To make it slightly more sane, a Blessing to let us create Adventurers of these types might be possible. 

There are no dialogue choices regarding SUBclasses in Deadfire, only base classes.

there is a mod that unlocks these

I know of this mod, but it is sadly bugged. Once an expansion drops, savegames modded this way may be broken. Rather, Ive been thinking of a more official way to integrate these classes into the game. Berath's Blessings already hamper / interfere with the games balancing but above all they are optional. I think added options of playing the game would benefit it as a whole.

There are no dialogue choices regarding SUBclasses in Deadfire, only base classes.

Nope.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

There are a few SUBclass dialogue choices, I'm sure that I saw at least on Corpse-Eater and drugmonk choice duringmy playthrough. But IMO, if these special classes were added as Blessings, I think that the game should just consider you to be the base class.

• Like 1

Nope.

Valid, but most of them are Faith based. The Ghost Heart subclass is the only subclass that has more than a few responses. While not necessary, creating a few responses for the 7 companion subclasses should not pose a problem. However since Berath's Blessings are all optional alterations, the added classes should just use the main class to get the usual responses.

• Like 1