Dark Force Pockets?

In the demo there were certain areas with crackling, violet-blue, tangible Dark Force that you could target like a lootable item.

When you'd first step into the room, you'd get a message stating that you can feel the incredible power of the Dark Side in that place. When you targeted the pocket, you had several options from trying to ignore it to basking in it, according to your alignment. You even get the option to cleanse the area of it. However, in the demo, even with the tweaked character, I couldn't do it. All I managed to do was get craploads of DSP.

Any ideas on what these pockets might be for? I found them very intriguing, but have no clue on how they could be used in the game. Do you think there will be similar Light Side pockets?

It will be verra disappointing if they're only good for tons of DSP or LSP.

Never assume malice when stupidity is to blame.

In the demo there were certain areas with crackling, violet-blue, tangible Dark Force that you could target like a lootable item.

When you'd first step into the room, you'd get a message stating that you can feel the incredible power of the Dark Side in that place. When you targeted the pocket, you had several options from trying to ignore it to basking in it, according to your alignment. You even get the option to cleanse the area of it. However, in the demo, even with the tweaked character, I couldn't do it. All I managed to do was get craploads of DSP.

Any ideas on what these pockets might be for? I found them very intriguing, but have no clue on how they could be used in the game. Do you think there will be similar Light Side pockets?

Hmmm...It almost sound similar to dead magic, and wild magic zones in DnD.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

some dark sites (cave on dagobah) or light sites (valley of the jedi) would be great to visit. it'd be pretty tough to fight a sith on a dark force site while HIS powers are being strengthenenenened and YOURS weakenenenened....

It's very hard to be polite if you're a cat.

some dark sites (cave on dagobah) or light sites (valley of the jedi) would be great to visit. it'd be pretty tough to fight a sith on a dark force site while HIS powers are being strengthenenenened and YOURS weakenenenened....

I think the Star Forge was a Dark Side site....though I think that was mostly reflected in Malak not being quite the pansy he was on the Leviathan rather than through any outside stat boosts.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

well- i was a counselor and had force breach. after i got rid of his "power sources", he was quite easy to beat. just like your regular dark jedi master. *sigh*

It's very hard to be polite if you're a cat.

From this post I can infer there is a Sith Lords demo out and I am forced to inquire as to where I could find and download this demo....sooo, where eh? where and when did this come out and why isnt there a sticky announcing it :ph34r:

When you'd first step into the room, you'd get a message stating that you can feel the incredible power of the Dark Side in that place.  When you targeted the pocket, you had several options from trying to ignore it to basking in it, according to your alignment.  You even get the option to cleanse the area of it.  However, in the demo, even with the tweaked character, I couldn't do it.  All I managed to do was get craploads of DSP.

Any ideas on what these pockets might be for?  I found them very intriguing, but have no clue on how they could be used in the game.  Do you think there will be similar Light Side pockets?

From this post I can infer there is a Sith Lords demo out and I am forced to inquire as to where I could find and download this demo....sooo, where eh? where and when did this come out and why isnt there a sticky announcing it :ph34r:

The E3 demo, artard.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

We had a demo of the game playable at E3 in the Microsoft Booth. It was also the demo that was shown to the press in the Press-Only Lucas Arts booth. The demo was just 3 levels we put together to showcase some stuff. It in no way relates to the full game in terms of story, characters shown, etc.

-Akari

I don't suppose you can carry these pockets of Dark or Light stuff around with you, so I guess they'll serve as indicators for important battles. If a smart opponent is going to face you, they'd likely do it on one of those pocket things. I guess it'd be neat to use the terrain to your advantage, and lure people into pockets of your own alignment too.

No, can't pick them up and carry them around, just stand on them with the options mentioned in my first post.

I have no idea if they'll be simple LS/DS point generators, or power ups, or indicators of strong Force presence, or what. Hopefully they'll have SOMETHING to them besides any or all of the things I mentioned, as they were quite intriguing.

No, can't pick them up and carry them around, just stand on them with the options mentioned in my first post. 

I have no idea if they'll be simple LS/DS point generators, or power ups, or indicators of strong Force presence, or what.  Hopefully they'll have SOMETHING to them besides any or all of the things I mentioned, as they were quite intriguing.

Perhaps if you feed off their power enough you will lose all touch with the lightside or Darkside just like Exar Kun when he visited Korriban. They could prove as a barrier for lightside Jedi like the Star Forge maps did. When Revan and Malak are about to find the first Star Map on Dantooine Malak says "If we go beyond this door there is no turning back! Is the knowledge of the Star Forge really that important?" The room was so tainted with the Darkside they knew once they entered it forever would the Darkside dominate their destinies. So perhaps powerful items will be blocked by these force aura's making the player choose whether or not they are worth the price in DS or LS points you will have to pay to wield them. Just a guess I am probably way off! :p

Cheers!

Perhaps if you feed off their power enough you will lose all touch with the lightside or Darkside just like Exar Kun when he visited Korriban. They could prove as a barrier for lightside Jedi like the Star Forge maps did. When Revan and Malak are about to find the first Star Map on Dantooine Malak says "If we go beyond this door there is no turning back! Is the knowledge of the Star Forge really that important?" The room was so tainted with the Darkside they knew once they entered it forever would the Darkside dominate their destinies. So perhaps powerful items will be blocked by these force aura's making the player choose whether or not they are worth the price in DS or LS points you will have to pay to wield them. Just a guess I am probably way off! :unsure:

Cheers!

Actually, that's kinda' cool...