Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

$650 = fair price?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

nerotoren

nerotoren

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 22 posts
080p 25" HP 25ES Monitor
-Razer Deathadder Gaming Mouse (2018)
-Corsair K55 Gaming Keyboard
- Genius Hi-Fi Professional Speakers

Gaming PC Specifications:
CPU: Ryzen 5 1500X @ 3.7Ghz
Motherboard: MSI 350M Gaming Pro (MS-7A39)
RAM: 8GB Corsair 2400MHZ
GPU: Zotac 1050Ti OCEd 4GB
SD: SiliconPower 240GB SSD
PSU: EVGA SuperNova 650W

mkreku

mkreku

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 8530 posts

It's an entry level computer that will do well at 1080p. You will soon run out of space on that tiny SSD though so you might as well buy an X TB secondary drive at the same time. Other than that it looks good for that price.

Oh, and this post should have been in the junkyard.

Lexx

Lexx

Adventurer of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3861 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Personally I wouldn't go under 16gb ddr4 ram anymore. In fact, I'd rather go with 32gb now... just sucks that ram prices are crazy high right now.

Also yes, 250gb alone is not enough at all. I'm using one just for windows alone (and ofc all the temporary and savegame files that games nowadays create on c:/).

Edited by Lexx, 26 June 2018 - 02:50 AM.

Thingolfin

Thingolfin

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 282 posts

Personally I wouldn't go under 16gb ddr4 ram anymore. In fact, I'd rather go with 32gb now... just sucks that ram prices are crazy high right now.

Also yes, 250gb alone is not enough at all. I'm using one just for windows alone (and ofc all the temporary and savegame files that games nowadays create on c:/).

16GB (even 8GB) is more than enough for most people though

Also, Logitech mice over Razer any day. MX518 for life. I believe its current iteration is called G403.

Edited by Thingolfin, 26 June 2018 - 12:03 PM.

Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1754 posts
  • Steam:Ask!
Would agree that 16GB is enough for most people...but for people who like to do stuff with Cheat Engine, Photoshop, VMs, etc., alongside their gaming (as I do), 32GB is becoming more and more of a requirement.

Edited by Bartimaeus, 26 June 2018 - 01:48 PM.

Lexx

Lexx

Adventurer of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3861 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Or if you like to play Star Citizen, then you *need* 32gb. The game is eating 16gb already just from starting it up. :>

Edited by Lexx, 26 June 2018 - 08:05 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users