Technical Support Forums changes (Please Read)

Cdiaz

Question

Hello all!

Thank you for coming to the Technical Support forums!

Id like to address some issues that I have noticed occur on the forums here.

When Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire launched we had limited support on these forums and tried to get the sea of  bugs, crashes, and requests in from all of you players. Because of the way the forums are set up to work, we were not as well equipped to address these issues as we thought, and I think we dropped the ball a bit on some posts.  We worked our best to get at least every issue answered, but after some investigation I see that there are cases where simply answering a post doesn't mean it is getting resolved, or worse, being told an issue is fixed when this isn't the case.

I'd like to sincerely apologize for these instances if they have affected you.

The purpose of this site isn't so you can post a problem and go unheard with an automated-feeling reply. It's that you get heard, and if we have the physical labor pool and hours to do so, fix your issues.

After some careful planning, I've set in motion better steps to make sure this is not the case moving forward. Hopefully, this helps our players get the experience they deserve when there are issues with the game. It may take some time and experimentation as I have steam, reddit, and twitter to account for as well, so any patience and/or feedback while I get it all under control would be really appreciated.

Please note that while I am working to make this medium more efficient to get the issues logged and in front of the right people, the issue in question may not be looked into depending on its severity. It realistically comes down to all the problems we have and organizing the things that must be fixed, to what it would be nice to fix. However, do not let this deter you from posting, or asking for an update on your issue :)

If you feel like your issues in the past may have fallen into the realm of the forgotten, feel free to post again on it to bump it back to the first page of the forums, or just create a new post. What we want to aim for is seeing my gross sweaty bear icon take up the bulk of the pages from here on out :p

As always, you can PM me, which is the best way for me to get notifications on anything related to our forums. If you have any suggestions, concerns, or if you just need a place to vent your frustrations to, feel free to comment here. I'll do my best to stay vigilant on this post!

You may also reach me via twitter @The_Darxide or on Obsidian's Official Discord channel 

Thank you all! Stay cool and all those other neat sign offs.

-Caleb

• Like 10

I like big bugs and I cannot lie...

6 answers to this question

You’re the best and so are the rest of the QA team. Thank you for your hard work!!

• Like 2

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus