How to Empower a normal weapon attack?

Hey guys, like pretty much everyone else I’m stumped by Blightheart, the soulbound arquebus.

It’s bound to my Chanter Watcher. I know how to empower an Invocation. However, kills with empowered invocations don’t count toward the total „10 kills with empowered attacks“.

Now, search gave me conflicting information - some people say that you can only empower skills, quite a few talk about empowering weapon attacks.

It’s just that I can’t figure out how to empower a normale run of the mill weapons attack! I click Empower - clicking on an enemy with the golden-sparkly cursor does nothing, just a standard attack. I can’t empower „Aimed Shot“ either.

Obviously, clicking Empower and then the weapons slot just results in weapons being switched.

So... what gives? How does this work? Does anyone have a video, maybe?

Please help me Obsidian Order, you‘re my only hope!

You can not empower normal attacks, only skills. I used blightheart in my playthrough of the game and you just have to kill with an empowered skill. A good way to do this is wait till an enemy (or enemies if the skill is aoe) is low and then just make everybody stop attacking and use the empowered skill to finish them off.

Since you are usinng a chanter, you need to use an offensive invocation (like the lightning one or the one with the exploding corpses. That’s what worked for me with my fighter/chanter though I had more options since I multiclassed)

Thank you! That helps a lot. I’m a single class Chanter with Summoner specialization so I don‘t have a true offensive Invocarion specced. I‘m lvl 20 so I solo battles and finish enemies off with the 1st Level blast invocation (forgot what it’s called...) Probably that doesn’t count as an offensive invocation, blah.

Seems like I actually need to respec my Chanter in oder to level up the weapon... it seems silly but I really like this weapon! ( I just got burned respeccing before the patch because I lost all my expensive training points and it’s such a hassle at lvl 20...)

• Like 1

!! I just booted up the game to check the invocation: The Thunder Rolled Like Waves on Black Seas, and it IS an offensive invocation.

I have definitely killed a couple of enemies with this empowered ability (i.e. yes, the Empower counter went down and yes, since I soloed, killed by the Warcher)

I give up........this makes no sense :(

• Like 1

You can not empower normal attacks, only skills. I used blightheart in my playthrough of the game and you just have to kill with an empowered skill. A good way to do this is wait till an enemy (or enemies if the skill is aoe) is low and then just make everybody stop attacking and use the empowered skill to finish them off.

Since you are usinng a chanter, you need to use an offensive invocation (like the lightning one or the one with the exploding corpses. That’s what worked for me with my fighter/chanter though I had more options since I multiclassed)

This doesn't bring good memories of leveling PoE1 soulbound weapons for me. ;(

• Like 1

sign.jpg

!! I just booted up the game to check the invocation: The Thunder Rolled Like Waves on Black Seas, and it IS an offensive invocation.

I have definitely killed a couple of enemies with this empowered ability (i.e. yes, the Empower counter went down and yes, since I soloed, killed by the Warcher)

Damn, sorry then, friend. This must be a bug, because the weapon worked fine for me ;(

Worst case scenario, there may be a console command to level up soulbound weapons. If i'm not mistaken, there was such commands in Pillars 1. I think there is a thread somewhere, listing them for Pillars 2.