Question Regarding Supporting Woedica?

Hey guys!

So, I have a bit of a lore question regarding devoting the Hollowborn souls to Woedica (As opposed to Galawain, as I'd initially planned). The rationale behind this is that Woedica, while still as petty and vindictive as all of the other gods, is at least only one person, and finding a way to deal with her while she keeps the rest in check seems like the best way to go about things. 

The only problem is, she despises animancy. That being said, so do all of the other gods - because it just means humanity is getting closer to uncovering their secrets. But Woedica seems to have a pretty significant vendetta against it - you don't see Galawain organizing centuries' long plots in order to destroy knowledge and keep kith intellectually stunted. And on the one hand, that sort of gung-ho philosophy does sort of make sense. Animancy is a dangerous science sometimes practiced by dangerous individuals. On the other, animancy stands to offer a lot of benefits to kith struggling with different soul-related aliments. Imagine being able to silence an Awakened past life, or bolster your soul to deal with depression. 

So, I got to thinking - could there be a middle ground? 

Aloth seems to want to reform the Leaden Key, when he does decide to take up the mantle, into something of a watchdog organization dedicated to preventing kith from getting too close to the secrets of the gods. And, as a temporary measure, that's okay. We can't find the big giant switch that turns them off, so it's best to just work within the limits they've set for us until we can. Besides, there were gods before and there were gods after. Some people just need something to worship. 

So, could I devote the souls to Woedica, put the Leaden Key under new leadership, and then promote the more beneficial aspects of animancy? Or rather, would all of those choices seem logically consistent? I know Obsidian obviously hasn't accounted for every potential nuance/interaction between every potential choice that it's possible to make, but I just don't want to stray too far out of 'line' here. 

I suppose it's also worth noting that doing something with the souls just acknowledges that you're going along with that particular god's plan because you think it's the right thing to do in that particular instance, not because you think that they are always right about everything. 

First off; I would disagree that all the gods have a problem with Animancy. I recall in my play through of POE 1, Galawain, Magran and Abydon all litterally shrugged when asked about it. Abydon didn't seem to mind it too much, Galawain called it "another hunt", and Magran didn't seem to have any special opinion. I think it was mostly Woedica who had a real serious problem with it. Well, maybe Wael too, what with his obsession with secrets.... 

...Berath perhaps.... death and all that...

...and Rhymergand makes his stance clear in POE 2. 

As for a middle ground; well, Aloth is definitely trying to find that middle ground by the end of POE 2. Confronted with the fact that one of the gods specifically pushed kith towards NEEDING to learn the art, there isn't much of a choice. Unfortunately, this is likely to push everyone - the Leaden Key included- further away from Woedica herself. 

Actually, my prediction for the future: 

- Woedica forms a dark alliance with Rhymergand, Skaen and Wael. This group is concerned only with power and dominance over kith, intent on exploiting the weakness and ignorance of mortals so they may remain on top. 

- Berath, Galawain, Abydon and Magran rally in opposition, seeking to aid kith and restore the cycle. They intend to stay on top but not for powers sake; they mean to keep doing their job and prevent Woedica's alliance from using the world as their toy. 

- Hylea fusses in a corner. 

- Nemnok rises again, assassinates everyone and becomes the new god of Eora. (okay, maybe not...)

Anyhow, short version about Woedica and a compromise on Animancy; probably not. She wants to stay top-dog, and nothing that could possibly challenge that would go down well with her. Remember; she was at least half-seriously proposing dropping the moon on Eothas, even if it might kill the world. 

• Like 2

First off; I would disagree that all the gods have a problem with Animancy. I recall in my play through of POE 1, Galawain, Magran and Abydon all litterally shrugged when asked about it. Abydon didn't seem to mind it too much, Galawain called it "another hunt", and Magran didn't seem to have any special opinion. I think it was mostly Woedica who had a real serious problem with it. Well, maybe Wael too, what with his obsession with secrets.... 

...Berath perhaps.... death and all that...

...and Rhymergand makes his stance clear in POE 2. 

As for a middle ground; well, Aloth is definitely trying to find that middle ground by the end of POE 2. Confronted with the fact that one of the gods specifically pushed kith towards NEEDING to learn the art, there isn't much of a choice. Unfortunately, this is likely to push everyone - the Leaden Key included- further away from Woedica herself. 

Actually, my prediction for the future: 

- Woedica forms a dark alliance with Rhymergand, Skaen and Wael. This group is concerned only with power and dominance over kith, intent on exploiting the weakness and ignorance of mortals so they may remain on top. 

- Berath, Galawain, Abydon and Magran rally in opposition, seeking to aid kith and restore the cycle. They intend to stay on top but not for powers sake; they mean to keep doing their job and prevent Woedica's alliance from using the world as their toy. 

- Hylea fusses in a corner. 

- Nemnok rises again, assassinates everyone and becomes the new god of Eora. (okay, maybe not...)

Anyhow, short version about Woedica and a compromise on Animancy; probably not. She wants to stay top-dog, and nothing that could possibly challenge that would go down well with her. Remember; she was at least half-seriously proposing dropping the moon on Eothas, even if it might kill the world. 

Hmm. Alright, that makes sense. I'll go with my original plan - allying with Galawain, Magran, and Abydon and having Aloth reform the Leaden Key.