In NWN scythe has x3 crit modifier

Scythes are 2d4 20/x4 if I remember correctly. There are x4 crit multiplier one handed weapons in D&D 3.5 (light picks and heavy picks) but I don't think NWN has them.

Yep  (http://nwn.wikia.com/wiki/Critical_multiplier) :D and this is much better than +31% bonus 

Edited by mant2si

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

In neverwinter night, there was a good idea to add a 1.5 multiplier with 2 handed Weapons.

It is only in Pillars saga where you have dual wieilding > 2 handed.

It is not logical. Overkill/bottleneck effect + Bonuses each weapons (Two sabres = potentially bonusesx2 with unique items) + Maximum attack are three arguments to put 2 handed on top.

Those are D&D rules. They are good, but taking something from a different game may not work as well when the entire setup is different. Although I do feel that Might should impact weapons differently. Obviously 24 might has different impact on a dagger as it would for a two handed axe.

In NWN scythe has x3 crit modifier

I also love how some ARPG implements bonuses for 2H melee weapons:

For example In MedianXL - Necromancer scythe lover enemies physical resistance to 25% (Similar to constant overpen), Paladin hammers give you 100% evasion for 2 sec on hit chance etc..

In Grim Dawn and Path of Exile, they make 2H weapons x2 stronger than 1H (not 31% for base damage), but also all weapon aspects, i.e if single hand sword can give you +2MIG, then two hand weapon can give you +4MIG and 30% crush damage...

For my point of view Obsidian should heavy rework bonuses and enchantments on 2H weapons and add some attractive procs

Maybe something like this bow https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Saint_Omaku's_Mercy

* Health on Kill 

* Action Speed on Health drop

* Immediately recovery

D&D rules also have 100% immunity to crit options. Having 3x crit in this game would simply break it without balancing it. Also crit in D&D is not only based on modifier, but also chance. Scythes have only 5% chance on base stats and can be increased to 10-20% chance if going weapon master prestige class and amplifying crit to 4x damage. Still going vs crit immunes (undead, elementals, outsiders) is a complete pain. That's why weapon master is not very good in certain scenario's. Edited by AeonsLegend