Dismissal spell bug

jmosher

Question

Description:

In the Sea-Lashed Crypt, I experimented with the Priest's Dismissal spell. Last night, I tried it, and all enemies in the AoE turned into "shadows" that continuously attacked me and could no longer be attacked. I went back to my last save and reproduced the bug.

Steps to Reproduce the Issue:

Enter combat and cast Dismissal. In the case here with the screen shot, I targeted Alguls. On my previous attempt, I targeted a Fampyr and an Ogre. In each case, they turn into untargetable shadows and I cannot end combat.

Important Files:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2olu4weotjlcefn/Dismissal%20bug.zip?dl=0

The zip file includes a save from right before the combat and a screenshot of the result. It also includes the player log from when I quit the game.

System Specs

iMac (27-inch, late 2013). Intel Core i5. 3.4 GHz. Memory 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3. Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775M 2048MB

3 answers to this question

Just in case this is still being looked into - I have the same bug going on when using xoti as a companion and casting "dismissal".

It is clearly not limited to a specific location. The only instance where it worked properly so far is the forest where you obtain the "Sanguine Greatsword". I could cast dismissal there and it properly functioned (a fampyr target was slain on the spot, as intended). After this it never worked properly again, as in all other locations where I encountered Vessels, so far including "Forgotten Catacomb", "hall of Unseen" and "Poko Kohara" (prior to entry) it "worked" just as OP described. Enemies became untargetable, yet kept fighting my party, keeping them in combat status.

The result is 100% reproducable, the only way to avoid is not to cast the spell.

PS: Hall of Unseen was especially awful. :)

I've seen this has been adressed in 1.2B -> Please look into it when dealing with fampyr-targets. In Splintered Reef many Fampyrs couldn't be hit by the ability anymore (No DPS, No Kill), they didnt even have a hit-chance-indicator when targetting the spell.

Weird part is that while in the quartermasters chamber everybody but the "boss" got directly slain in a single cast, while when moving up to the laboratory, not even the regular fampyrs could be HIT. Same for the 4 fampyrs on the entrance to the crypt, no hit indicator, no damage dealt, no kill.