Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Economy

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

fxluk

fxluk

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 29 posts

Hi,

I was just thinking about the economy mod.

Anybody knows if there is some kind of price multiplayer that affects all selling items?

TKDancer

TKDancer

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 60 posts

Anybody knows if there is some kind of price multiplayer that affects all selling items?

from what i remember seeing in the items.gamedatabundle nearly all if not all non-money items have a tag for being sellable for "full price" set to false

you could try changing item values around and switching all false tags to true but that'd take forever unless you just change, which would make the economy a joke

peardox

peardox

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • Deadfire Backer

Actually, it'll take an hour or so to get to testing

If you've seen my MOD Double Hard getting that one off the ground took about three hours (learn from what goes wrong)

This one would be pretty quick, now, to do as I've automated re-writes of *gamedatabundle

The key is actually CanSellForFullValue and the Value as in, err "Value"

I'll simply set CanSellForFullValue to true as requested

I  promised to look at the Invisibility MOD tomoz but as this is waiting on translation have no issues writing this one owing to myself waiting for the text strings for Invisibility Wizard.

The bitch of writing a MOD is creating all the images required for Nexus (can longer than writing the MOD)

Edited by peardox, 13 June 2018 - 12:10 PM.

peardox

peardox

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • Deadfire Backer

Ahh, hit a small snag.

Switched everything to CanSellForFullValue and selling everything in my clothing stash resulted in exactly the same amount of cash with and without the MOD installed.

Turns out you get ripped off by the vendors, they sell you something above market price.

For example Sanza sells a Spyglass for 5,000 (4,500 for me with my 10% discount) but if you look at the description it is listed as being worth 1,000.

I imagine what you're after is, in the example above, selling Sanza a Spyglass for his own asking price?

TKDancer

TKDancer

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 60 posts

Ahh, hit a small snag.

Switched everything to CanSellForFullValue and selling everything in my clothing stash resulted in exactly the same amount of cash with and without the MOD installed.

Turns out you get ripped off by the vendors, they sell you something above market price.

For example Sanza sells a Spyglass for 5,000 (4,500 for me with my 10% discount) but if you look at the description it is listed as being worth 1,000.

I imagine what you're after is, in the example above, selling Sanza a Spyglass for his own asking price?

check their stores to see if there's a value multiplier?

peardox

peardox

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • Deadfire Backer

Nope

fxluk

fxluk

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 29 posts

Thx for input on this.

I see many reports that after 30-50% of the game, you are already swimming in gold.

What I am after, it to make our selling prices worse, to make economy harder.

As I didn't see any mod like this yet, thought it might be a good addition to other difficulty mods out there.

I was thinking about 3 versions of the mod with 25, 50, 75 price reductions.

peardox

peardox

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • Deadfire Backer

Thinking out load (as usual)

There's probably a global variable that sets the discount per vendor / faction / whatever

Globals are used extensively in the game, just a case of finding the right one - I know it's not a char or store attach

For the next few days I'm going to go thru design/conversations/* to dissect that lot - at the end of that process (more complex than it looks) I should have a list of the junk we need.

Unless it's baked-in of course.

As a note I believe it to also be possible to turn any named NPC into a vendor (not too far into investigating this one yet though)

Purudaya

Purudaya

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 182 posts

Thx for input on this.

I see many reports that after 30-50% of the game, you are already swimming in gold.

What I am after, it to make our selling prices worse, to make economy harder.

As I didn't see any mod like this yet, thought it might be a good addition to other difficulty mods out there.

I was thinking about 3 versions of the mod with 25, 50, 75 price reductions.

Would love to see this as well. Just reducing the sale value for all fine/exceptional/superb generics by half would make a huge difference in the mid-late game economy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users