...or are they mutually exclusive?

I plan on running Streetfighter/Shattered Pillar using Stalker's Patience and Tuotilo's Palm shield for a healthy mix of offense and defense (Persistent Distraction, Thunderous Blows, Swift Strikes, Ripostes/BT), seems nice on paper.

Anyone has any info whether or not those 2 skills can be used simultaneously?

Blade Turning will not result in a melee miss on you but will redirect 100% of melee attacks to bystanders. Since there's no miss, Riposte will not get triggered. This was tested in the beta though - but I don't think it has changed.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Thx for your answers.

Figures, since Blade Turning actually prevents you from being hit in melee. Might as well stick to Riposte then since it's a passive and full attack, hopefully it will be buffed to be on par with PoE version.

The 2h Sword of Endless paths has a Counterattack Enchant, I figure that (and the area attacking shtick) are why they felt they had to cripple its damage.

I have a Holy Slayer setup using that blade and riposte, fun stuff. Truth be told the sword was a bit over the top, but I think they should up it's base damage to be on par with regular 2h swords if they take out the double tap on primary target.