Hello everyone!

In my previous play-throughs, I always wanted the companions without subclasses to have one or two subclasses. Tekehu has two cool subclasses, Edér is a ... fighter and a rogue.

If I can find something that's not OP, I think I'd like to use the Unity mod to give Edér (and maybe Aloth) one or two subclasses.

Edér is always going to play as a tank in my party. Some ideas:

For the Fighter subclass - Unbroken for more tanking power or Devoted to get more penetration (now that PotD enemies have +2 Armor). Black Jacket seems bad, Edér as a tank needs that Constant Recovery.

For the Rogue subclass - Streetfighter for more tanking or Trickster (basically for Mirrored Image, +30 Deflection!). Assassin seems bad for a tank.

The heaviest tank build has to be Unbroken - Streetfighter. I guess it's easier to become flanked now that PotD fights have more enemies (some encounters) and you sometimes get ambushed.

What would you suggest? Do you think giving him one or two subclasses is cheating, or just providing some more depth? I think my PotD playthrough will be challenging anyway.

If you're going to use the console to add subclasses, might as well give him two.

My favorite swashbuckler build for Eder would be a devoted/rogue tank/dps hybrid, but if you want a pure tank, unbroken/streetfighter is definitely worth experimenting with for the new PotD. Streetfighter is definitely a personal preference subclass, that playstyle and micromanagement isn't for everyone.

Clerith - what subclasses would you choose for your devoted/rogue tank/dps hybrid?

I tested out Edér as an Unbroken/Streetfighter in the first tutorial dungeon, but I couldn't get him flanked for the life of me. Do the enemies need to have Engagement?

Fighter (Devoted) / Rogue (no subclass). Assassin is not for a tank, I already said I don't like Streetfighter (too limiting conditions), and Trickster is okay but I'd rather do more melee damage, also when the battle starts I'd rather charge/run in first and get aggro instead of staying back trying to cast spells. Also casting spells is not a great idea when you're engaging multiple enemies in melee.

Is that still having Edér as the main tank, but with a bit more focus on doing damage? Are you thinking dual sabres (or dual something else), or a more general sword and board (for instance Modwyr and shield)?

I run Eder as my main tank, usually as fighter/rogue, and I have regretted making him a 1h+shield character. This was on 1.02, but shields were completely unnecessary, my Eder never dropped below 70% HP after the first levels on PotD, dual wield would have tripled his damage. But now for 1.1 shields were buffed, PotD is a looot harder, and Fighter's Charge was nerfed, so... I might make him a 1h + shield for PotD, even though I'm unhappy with that, lol.

I'm pretty sure that dual wielding will be better than shield on PotD at high levels, though. Early that extra deflection from the shield might be necessary for survival, but later you have your Fighter defensives to be extremely tanky even naked, so dw for more damage to finish fights faster, especially with all the rogue full attacks.

I liked having Eder with a shield... and a spear... plus modals and abilitys he could engage most entire pulls.  And make them count as flanked...  Didn't care about his DPS at all, he was there to just survive, occasionally trip people, and debuff for my dps'ers.