Sign in to follow this  
tedmann12

FPS DROP with Mirror Image?

Question

I have a GTX 1080 and i7 7700k. My game runs fine but the second I cast mirror image my FPS drops to like 15-20. Anyone have a similar issue?

11 answers to this question

Greetings,

Again, thank you for taking the time to report that there is a significant drop in your FPS when casting Mirror Image. We'll add this to our data-base and investigate it on our end.

Cheers.

Any ability that summons/creates another character in combat (like figurines, chanter's invocations etc.) causes the frame rate to drop (or even freeze for a couple of seconds).

Any idea if this will be fixed?

I can run any PC game on ultra, seems weird that one spell in this game makes it almost unplayable.

I'd like to report the same problem, its a bit silly my PC is solid and this spell drops me from 60fps+ to quasi-stuttering levels.

If anyone wants to make a mod that changes the graphic effect of mirror image to a more functional blur and put it on Nexus till they fix this, I would be quite grateful. Llengraths Displaced Image has no performance hit. I dont want to break my achievements by switching them via console though.

Edited by Valamyr

Someone find solution for this problem? I play Pillars after release - without problems, now i want to play with all DLC's, and game almost stop when someone cast mirrored image. I try everything to optimize fps etc, but game works terrible. 

Hmm, good for you have only fps drop. I have lag. Every first time i cast mirror image (especially last playthrough as trickster) i have mini lag, like 0.3s-0.5s freeze. Next recast is ok smooth. Next combat/next map/next reload, again.

• Like 1