Soul whip bonus is not working

MaKaYar

Question

6 answers to this question

Same happens to me. I was playing my cipher and even with Sefaren the bonus from Soul Whip. But I was delivering huge dmg Spikes anyway. So I did some testing and the 20% does apply, but like elemental damage, it's not listed In the sheet. 

• Like 1

I want to clarify that i have multyclass character: Cipher(soul blade) +  Rogue (Assassin)

I have found more strange thing: if I upgrade Soul Whip to Draining Whip there is no bonus (20 %) to my character's attack, but if I choose Biting Whip - miracle! attack bonus is displayed (30%). 

post-215203-0-61745900-1527182978_thumb.jpg

I think that the damage bonus is only active during combat. Check the log and press SHIFT to see how the damage was calculated after landing a blow.

I have checked this point: it's really strange!, as you can see on screenshot there is no bonus from "Soul Whip":

post-215203-0-32448100-1527183998_thumb.jpg

but it's just first attack in the beginning of battle. Second attack calculated with "Draining Whip" attack bonus and this one is displayed in character info now:

post-215203-0-79626300-1527184008_thumb.jpg

Soul whip bonus only applies when u don't have full focus, is this your case?

No, it's not my case. 

Hello MaKaYar,

Regarding the Soul Whip two issues you are pointing out:

1. Viewing your attack calculations from the Character Sheet shows a randomly generated simulation of a basic attack calculations during combat and would not show the Soul Whip bonuses every time. For example, one such simulated calculation could be of a miss and therefore no Soul Whip bonus would display from the character sheet tooltip. TLDR: Not seeing your Soul Whip bonus in the tooltip consistently from the Character Sheet is expected behavior and is not a bug

2. The screenshot you've provided us of Soul Whip not applying in combat may be a bug and I'll enter your issue into our database just in case so that we may conduct a proper investigation. In the meantime, we'd greatly appreciate it if you could send us your save file so that we may use your character build and narrow down what the cause may be for that occurring.

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention :)

• Like 1

Hello MaKaYar,

Regarding the Soul Whip two issues you are pointing out:

1. Viewing your attack calculations from the Character Sheet shows a randomly generated simulation of a basic attack calculations during combat and would not show the Soul Whip bonuses every time. For example, one such simulated calculation could be of a miss and therefore no Soul Whip bonus would display from the character sheet tooltip. TLDR: Not seeing your Soul Whip bonus in the tooltip consistently from the Character Sheet is expected behavior and is not a bug

2. The screenshot you've provided us of Soul Whip not applying in combat may be a bug and I'll enter your issue into our database just in case so that we may conduct a proper investigation. In the meantime, we'd greatly appreciate it if you could send us your save file so that we may use your character build and narrow down what the cause may be for that occurring.

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention :)

My thanks for your attention to my problem.

Logs: output_log.txt - Logs after I attacked the monster and the "Soul Whip" bonus was not displayed in combat logs.

Save file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2h9zxbvrhqnp15v/%28Desert%29%20%28aff50657-9080-4f42-b5da-d09318a6f9c5%29%20%28755647259%29.savegame?dl=0

I have no permission to add save files to the post, so i leave the link to dropbox with this one as it was advised here: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/97377-how-to-report-a-bug/ 

Save file contains the time point that is right before the moment in the logs file.

System specs: dxdiag.txt