Various bugs

SamHam

Question

Not completely done with my playthrough of the game, but I thought I'd make note of some of the most glaring bugs up until the end game.
I've noticed that many bugs occur when one explores without obtaining the quest beforehand, for example:

In the Gullet, I decided to enter the sunken city hoping to find the roparu basically sentenced to death by that overzealous city watchman. While I was there I obviously explored EVERYTHING and threw myself at anything that sparkled. This way I obtained one of the seashells that open the gate into Ondra's temple (I left the seashell in the gate). I later stumbled upon Dereo, who tasked me with obtaining the second conch from a pompous fool in Serpent's Crown. At this point I could complete the quest by "presenting" the conch I left in the temple door and continue a dialogue tree which would suggest I got the conch from Takano in Serpent's Crown and got attacked after obtaining it (which obviously wasn't the way it played out). After a reload I did the quest as intended. After reaching Takano I could again "present" my conch, which obviously was still in the temple door, and the game would crash. After a reload I backtracked, retrieved the conch, showed it to Takano, stole his (duh :)) and did not get attacked (don't know if this is supposed to happen after stealing Takano's seasheel). After this the quest seemed to work fine. I killed the itsy bitsy Kraken guarding the temple door, looted the temple and presented my findings to Dereo.

Midways through the game I was asked to free slaves held captive at Crookspur. I did so AND killed the slavers, including their leader. This seemed to advance some quests I did not yet obtain from the Rauataian or the Wahaki tribe, that is; the Royal Deadfire Company would deploy their fleet and take over the Island while the Wahaki tribe, which I encountered much later, would thank me for disposing of the slavers and immediately assume I helped the Deadfire Company set up base there at which point I got dismissed by their Ranga. (I am presuming that Allot's "The Painted Masks" quest is also undoable at this moment).

There's many more of these weird bugs, but since I didn't write them down, I can't elaborate.

As for another big bug, it has to do with the end game quest Honor among Thieves. I decided to side with Aeldys, which I believe to be the lesser of two evils. After freeing her I was tasked with killing Furrante and all his lackeys. Here I noticed several bugs.
1. After descending the tower I could proceed right down the stairs and kill the council members and the surrounding pirates, which would trigger the cutscene where Aeldys scampers down from her prison and automatically assumes that I want to side with the Principi and find Atlant... Ukaizo. After the dialogue I would proceed towards the exit and notice that some left over pirates were still hostile towards me (the guys I didn't clear out). They would attack and Aeldys and her cohort would also turn hostile towards me,

2. Clearing out the pirates from the exit towards the middle of the tower would alleviate the above problem, but the Honor among Thieves quest would remain unresolved, until I left the tower. At that moment it would fail (although Aeldys dialogue would not change).

Lastly I would like devs to check out the Cypher class. Many a time I've had Serafen die instantly in the beginning of any combat without it being reflected in the combat info window. I am guessing this has something to do with the Psychic Backlash ability looping due to the cypher being attacked by a foe or due to them casting a spell on themselves (the latter also being a problem in PoE 1).

Edited by SamHam
  • Like 1

2 answers to this question

Exact same bug for honor among thieves !

1. After descending the tower I could proceed right down the stairs and kill the council members and the surrounding pirates, which would trigger the cutscene where Aeldys scampers down from her prison and automatically assumes that I want to side with the Principi and find Atlant... Ukaizo. After the dialogue I would proceed towards the exit and notice that some left over pirates were still hostile towards me (the guys I didn't clear out). They would attack and Aeldys and her cohort would also turn hostile towards me,

2. Clearing out the pirates from the exit towards the middle of the tower would alleviate the above problem, but the Honor among Thieves quest would remain unresolved, until I left the tower. At that moment it would fail (although Aeldys dialogue would not change).

please fix