Poko Kohara Ruins Construct Death Causes Crash

Kalaniel

Question

Description:

This has happened to me twice now. When killing the construct in front of the ruins, it causes the game to crash to the desktop.

I am attaching the Error File, the Output Log as well as my system specs.

For the record, this is the first time this has cropped up. I played 20+ hours about a week ago and passed this quest / location without issue.

Given that Poko Kohara is the linchpin of the entire game, it's a game-ending bug.

I'm unable to attach the Save File as it says I'm not permitted to upload this kind of file.

output_log.txt

ERROR LOG.txt

DxDiag.txt

11 answers to this question

No response to this? That's unfortunate given its pivotal place in the overall game.

I even left and have progressed the rest of the game a GREAT deal and went back with the same result nearly 15 hours later in game time. 

Suggestions or will I never properly get a chance to finish the game?

I am having the same issue. I have done 3 other play-throughs without this issue. I changed all characters in my  party except main of course). Turned video option to minimum, rebooted, etc. Still crashes every time the construct goes to spawn.

Edited by Jackbpace
  • Like 1

Any update on this. I played three games just after launch with no problems, I played two more recently and it crashed every time. I am rather disappointed that a bug of this severity has not yet hot patched. Actually quit one game and started another in hopes i could do this quest, but it still crashing. 

Edited by Jackbpace

Ok, so I'm having a game-crashing bug upon approaching the stairs at the front of some ruins in Poko Kohara which I presume is the same bug involving some construct spawning mentioned in this thread.

I've followed the instructions here https://support.obsidian.net/article/20-how-do-i-report-a-bug, but am not finding anywhere on this forum to attach said zip file?

(There's no "attach" button in this editor's interface...?)

Is there an email I can send the zip file to? 

The zip file has a crash report from my initial approach, a quick save from just before my second approach and the crash report from my 2nd approach.

I'd like to help, but instructions given on the site I found (linked above) say to come here with a zip file like I've created and create a post with them.  How?

I guess I'm getting too old, but I'm clearly missing something here.

Edited by Ruat

Ok, so I figured it out, but there's some serious communication issues on your guys' part.  I don't say this to be mean, but because it's true and needs addressing.

1) You tell us to attach the files in your "how to report a bug" topic I linked in my previous post.

2) When making a new post here, there is NO "attach files" button.  (True in both Firefox and Chrome!)

3) Only when you go to alter an existing post, do you get a "Full Editor" button. (True in both Firefox and Chrome!)

4) Only in the "Full editor" do you get an "Attach" button.  (True in both Firefox and Chrome!)

5) Instructions on the "how to report a bug" topic say to combine a) a summary of the bug, b) a screenshot, c) instructions on how to reproduce the bug, d) a save game, and e) a crash report as a zip file

6) Attachments in this interface are only allowed to be a touch over half a megabyte (507KB). 

7) The relevant save game is 3.23MB and a zip compression only does about 2% compression!  (I haven't even combined it with the other items I've been instructed to provide! :( )

All that said, obviously 3175KB > 507KB so I can't get the save game to you by following the instructions provided.

So please fix your instructions and means by which we get what you need to you!  The sooner, the better for all involved!

I'll attach the crash report for now.

And since this isn't obvious, thank you all for the great games.  I've played BG, BG2 + Exp, IWD, IWD2, PoE + WM1&2, and now PoE2. 

I apologize if I'm coming off as harsh above.  I guess having a long history of good games from you guys has raised my expectations. 

C'est la vie :)

p.s. Now that my post has been approved, I could edit > full editor > attach files > yada yada.  Here you go.

2018-06-05_183530.zip

Edited by Ruat

Just an update to this topic.  Patch 1.1 seems to have included a fix for this issue (at least for me)

Until I was able to continue playing tonight, I hadn't realized how much not being able to continue the PoE2 story had bummed me out. 

So thanks for improving my week! :)