Luca crew member duplicated

PangaeaACDC

Question

Luca has been duplicated, so I have two of him on the ship/as backup. One portrait, which is "stacked" with the number 2, like for swords and suchlike.

1. Finished the quest in the Valiant Trading Company HQ long ago, and recently went there and talked to people, including Luca (the contract guy)
  2. He then complained about having his life ruined, and there was an option to offer him a place on my boat
  3. I did that, and he begrudgingly accepted
  4. Said he needed to fetch his things, but he just stood there
  5. Curious as always, I engaged in a new conversation with him. It had the same options, and I could offer him a position on my boat, which I did
  6. Several days later I jump in the boat to leave Neketaka. At this point I had recruited/bought a few more crew members, so didn't have room for everybody any more. But more interestingly, I noticed that Luca had been duplicated. Surely due to the double-invite earlier
  7. I can add him to the ship, and the extra Luca is in reserve. Or I can add him to different positions. Move him back to reserve, and he stacks up again: one portrait, with the number 2 in the corner, as for normal stacked items.

See screenshot for proof.

(Oh bugger, NOW I see the screenshot got mangled, and the most important bit is actually missing. However, he is truly doubled up)

post-165682-0-68560500-1526994033_thumb.jpg

Edited by PangaeaACDC

4 answers to this question

Yuck. There is another aspect to this bug that I hadn't noticed before :(

Just bought a Junk, and as part of moving all the stuff over, I double-clicked on all the equipment and staff, so it got moved to the windows to the right -- including Luca. Now he is stacked up again. But his skill has been defaulted back to Boatswain 1. The Luca I had on board had Boatswain 4. Tried moving one of them to the boat, but now both are reset, so the one I had on board earlier has lost all ranks, experience and presumably levels.

Is there a way to remove the extra Luca in the files somewhere, without buggering up the savefile?

Thankfully I have a save I can go back to.

I just got the same bug. The worst thing is that the doppelganger Luca somehow sneaked onto the ship and started handling cannons, thus ruining his four star boatswain career. :down:  Here's hoping I can use the spare Luca and bench the tainted doppel without imploding my game somewhen in the future.