So I didn't realize this until now, but guns are amazing weapons to give your casters. Guns only have reload, and no recovery time so you can always cast your important spells right when you need to, and do consistent auto attack damage in the meantime, especially in the early game. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Edited by George_Truman

So I didn't realize this until now, but guns are amazing weapons to give your casters. Guns only have reload, and no recovery time so you can always cast your important spells right when you need to, and do consistent auto attack damage in the meantime, especially in the early game. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Wait what? Doesn't reload time become recovery when u cast a spell after a shoot?? Really?
  • Like 1

Wait what? Doesn't reload time become recovery when u cast a spell after a shoot?? Really?

If you swing a sword / cast a standard spell / whatever, there is a period of time after the swing where you can't do anything (but move around). This is recovery. You can queue up your next action but it won't fire until recovery is over.

Firearms have zero recovery, so you can shoot then immediately use another ability (like I said in another thread, Blunderbuss with modal to trigger Streetfighter bonus, then Escape in to melee, which also has 0 recovery, so I can start slicing right away). Now, you will still have to reload the gun before you can shoot it again, but you can cancel the reload at any time to cast a spell as well. You can interrupt an auto-attack cycle with a gun at any time if you need to switch over to casting quickly.