didt play chanter at all in p1, didt even use kana much, so any help be great. i already know to get that op resource invocation at 19 but what invocation should from 1-19 for a melee build like /barb or fighter? and should i just chant the soft wind for heal over and over again? i kinda want a lot of heal

The favorite low level Invocation is still Killer's Froze Stiff.  Hel-Hyraf is Ok, but IMHO it tapers off in the late game.  Thrice was She Wrong does respectable damage at higher levels when fully upgraded, and it is a cheap Invocation to boot.  So, Hel-Hyraf helps with early game damage, but tapers off.  It attacks Fortitude.  Thrice was She Wronged does pretty good damage throughout the game, but it attacks Reflex.  If you are going to go with Thrice was She Wrong then I recommend Flail proficiency as its modal reduces Reflex by 25 on a single target.  I don't know if that modal applies to everything hit by Carnage.  I doubt it.  Club modal does the same thing with Will saves, and works well if you are using Killers Froze Stiff a lot.

If you opt for a two handed weapon build then Morningstar lowers Fortitude the same way. 

As for healing with Phrases:  You have Soft Winds, Ancient Memory, Old Siec, and Mercy and Kindness.  A Barbarian would benefit from Old Siec which is a 12% lifetap, but I am unsure if the heal works with Carnage.  If it does it will get pretty nasty if you can stack it with Mercy and Kindness which increases all healing by 100%.  24% lifetap total.  keep in mind that Soft Winds damages any enemy in range, but only heals you. 

Both Barbarian and Fighter work really well with Chanter, and have some OP combos.  You can't go wrong with either. 

Edited by Ganrich
  • Like 2

good info thanks. and for max heal should i do - Old Siec, Mercy and Kindness, Old Siec over and over or is there time for a 3rd one if i have troubadour and 18ish int? also should i get high int?

Troubadour can have 100% up time on 2 phrases if they have 20 Intellect and have Brisk Recitation's modal off.  Easy to get 20 if you start at 17, and you could probably do it with a lower Intellect than that.  But 20 means no food, just gear, and fairly easily at that.  17 requires very little hassle to get that 100% uptime. 

Old Siec - Mercy and Kindness - repeat.  No 3rd phrase.  You may still want to have Ancient Memory and Soft winds for early game, and Ancient Memory works pretty well with Mercy and Kindness as well. 

You may want to leave 1 of your 4 Chants as a single phrase such as Ancient Memory for when you are near max health, and you can turn on Brisk Recitation and double your phrase generation so you can use Invocations more quickly.  Then when your party dips you can turn off BR and switch to Old Siec/Mercy or AM/Mercy. 

EDIT:  Late game, and if Old Siec works with Carnage, then that should be your single phrase Chant.  Then you kind of stance dance if you start getting around half health by turning off BR, and going to a Chant with both Old Siec and Mercy. 

Edited by Ganrich
  • Like 1