Hi all,

I need some advice building my character.

I want to make a melee DPS (Eder will be my main tank) and I chose to start with a Skald/Paladin (not sure for the subclass, probably Bleak Walker).

My main problem is regarding the stats distribution and weapons to choose. Maybe someone could help me?

Thanks.

• 4 months later...

For your specific build, more atkspeed = more crits so ill say PER (MAX) > DEX (MAX) > MIG (rest) > INT (neutral) > CON (neutral) > RES (dump)

Weapons should focus on accuracy/critrate and attackspeed. There are plenty of swords and sabres with these options.

Edited by Flucas

If you plan to use invocations then max your mig, per and int. If you want to crit more often then dual wield two fast weapons (daggers, rapiers or clubs have also an accuracy bonus or Sun and Moon flail which hits twice and has two chances to crit). You can dump res and spread equally your points between dex and con. If you don't play on potd or if you use Berath's blessings stats bonus you can drop con to 7-8 and increase dex instead.

• Like 1

For more crits with Flames of Devotion check out Ring of Focused Flames. It can be obtained early and gives your FoD attacks +10 Accuracy (on top of the +10 it already gets). Doing crits with Flames of Devotion shouldn't be a problem then.

Kapana Tags is another nice weapon that leads to more crits (than the average weapon): it lets you engage up to +2 enemies and gets +4 Accuracy per engaged enemy. It comes with +5 because it's a club and all clubs have that. So if you engage two enemies you already have +13 Accuracy with that club (stacks with FoD and Focused Flame bonuses). It also has dual damage types and is a fast weapon.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods