Barb/Street Fighter Pirate idea

Hey guys,

I've been playing around with some builds  and there's definitely a concept I will want to try in my Pirate-ish playthrough.

That is Barb/Streetfighter. 

Required things:

Weapons - 2x axes with modal activated (can easily get debuff to 10+ raw dmg per 3sec for 90+ sec), if you have 2 axes the dot stacks but also the dots from other abilities below stack as well.

Blood Storm - DOT, refresh and quick attacks

Gouging STrike - more dots

Toxic Strike - easily goes to 20dmg every 3 sec

Deep Wounds - 20% dmg as RAW dot

With Sneak Attack and Deathblows it does ridiculous dmg (even bare fisted with no passive to improve them)

I have a bit of a trouble testing some things right now because nothing really survives at my testing spot. 70 dmg + bleeds every 3sec or so don't help.

What I want to test now, is whether bleed from axes modal + mentioned skills, applies to carnage

Anyone played with something like this?

The fact it does a lot of raw dmg is pretty nice

On POTD even at the very start of the game, when missing a ton of things, it does some nice damage :) (lvl4)

https://ibb.co/jiJDT8

Edited by Killyox

You should use the console and summon CRE_dummy for testing purposes. They have a lot of health and don't go down so quickly. They also don't attack by themselves.

Same concept is also great with a Ranger/Rogue with Wounding Shots and Predator's Sense. Wounding Shots has its own DoT and it is very cheap.

Combining Arterial Strike with a good movement skill (Evasive Roll for example) is also bonkers. You strike with all those DoTs, evade to the next target, repeat. They want to follow you but get tons of raw damage while moving. Also works well with Wild Sprint from the barb. 

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

You should use the console and summon CRE_dummy for testing purposes. They have a lot of health and don't go down so quickly. They also don't attack by themselves.

Same concept is also great with a Ranger/Rogue with Wounding Shots and Predator's Sense. Wounding Shots has its own DoT and it is very cheap.

Combining Arterial Strike with a good movement skill (Evasive Roll for example) is also bonkers. You strike with all those DoTs, evade to the next target, repeat. They want to follow you but get tons of raw damage while moving. Also works well with Wild Sprint from the barb. 

Is Maia good for this too?

Currently maining Goldpact Paladin/Troubadour with stats into arcane as well for scroll power.

EDIT:

I did SpawnPrefabAtMouse cre_dummy but it died almost instantly to that build :S

Edited by Killyox

Hehe - depends on your level I guess. At lvl 6-9 in the beta it could take some serious hits from stacked DoT-builds. Or it got changed in the final release, no idea. You could try to spawn some other creatures that are tougher. I don't know any names though besides CRE_Tiger and CRE_Lagufaeth and CRE_Lagufaeth_Broodmother.

Hehe - depends on your level I guess. At lvl 6-9 in the beta it could take some serious hits from stacked DoT-builds. Or it got changed in the final release, no idea. You could try to spawn some other creatures that are tougher. I don't know any names though besides CRE_Tiger and CRE_Lagufaeth and CRE_Lagufaeth_Broodmother.

Btw, do you know how engagements work exactly? My Paladin/Chanter can't have any engagement at all so he does no disengagement strikes. Isn't there at least 1 for every melee? Need shield/skills to be able to do it at all?

This got changed from PoE to Deadfire. You need special abilites in order to gain engagement. Like Defender Stance, a shield, Hold the Line, a proficiency modal and such. So, it's more exclusive. Several enemies (like beasts - see tigers for example) don't have engagemetn either.

On the other hand disengagment attacks are far more punishing in Deadfire than they were in PoE. If I remember correctly all diseng. attacks now have +100% damage (and even higher ACC?). And the Unbroken even gets +10 PEN on his disengagement attacks.  

Edited by Boeroer

Is Maia good for this too?

Currently maining Goldpact Paladin/Troubadour with stats into arcane as well for scroll power.

EDIT:

I did SpawnPrefabAtMouse cre_dummy but it died almost instantly to that build :S

Maia as Scout seems excellent. I mainly use Gouging Strike as an opener (gives a permanent DoT) which sets up Predator’s Sense for Ishi, then just have her set to take Devastating Blow shots with Arquebus at the ‘highest health’ target under 50% health.

Idk about Barb Streetfighter, but I’ve been using Berserker Helwalker melee and it’s ridiculous. Having 10 wounds stacked gives you insane buffs (+10 Might from Helwalker, +5 Might from Berserk, +10 Int and 50% burn damage from Turning Wheel), and you avoid the downside from Berserker because Clarity of Agony can remove confusion as soon as you Frenzy. Swift Flurry and Barbaric Smash also complement each other.