Scyorielaphas room pegs my GPU

Thraish

Question

Something in the Scyorielaphas room is far more graphics intensive than anything else I've run into in the game. Before I'm done with the conversation with him, my video card has spun up to audible levels, and if I stay in the room long enough, the fan ends up spinning up to max. I checked task manager's performance pane, and it showed my GPU running at or near 100% for 3D.

I have a Radeon R9 Fury, and don't remember the GPU fan spinning up to an audible level before, even when playing highly graphics intensive games like Rise of the Tomb Raider or The Witcher 3.

I tried quitting out of the game and reentering the area, rebooting my PC, and even installing the newest driver for my video card, but every time I entered his room, my video card would spin up to max.

I attached a screenshot of my Radeon Settings panel, which has the video card driver version, model, and basic system info.

6 answers to this question

My GPU got pegged again in the Ori O Koiki sanctum. I don't believe it occurred in the town, but once I went into the ruins, it started to be noticeable, and checking task manager it showed 100% for 3D just like it had in Scyorielaphas' room.