I loved the game, I'll say that much. Really looking forward to the expansion, since I feel it may very well resolve some of the questions I have. Thought I'd post here to see if others have the same questions, or perhaps even answers!
1. Is it ever mentioned, or explained, why you survive the Biawac/the machine?
2. When you finally defeat Thaos and read his soul, you get a glimpse of him in front of a huge crowd of people, all whom are sacrificed to the machine. They seem willing- and Thaos seems determined. What event was this? I had hoped to gain more insight.
3. If the Gods are not real, who are they? Ascendant of the ancients, or made up out of nothing? I realize there's probably no answer for this in the game, and it is what the expansion will deal with, but I still wonder.
4. Durance is a complex fella, and Magran aswell. What actually happened there, with the Godhammer and all? In my playthrough, I was convinced that Magran wanted to stop Eothas, and inspired her followers to produce the Godhammer, only to have them all killed off. Yet I've seen other suggest that this is not so, and that Magran never meant for Durance and his companions to go so far. The Elf woman who led the uprising alludes to this, since she questions Durance if he didn't fill in his own desires and deceptions when Magran was silent (before making the Godhammer).
4 B) Why is Durance the only survivor? How did he survive? It mentioned something about 'sinking into the earth, where a soul is safe', something like that. Was that a reference to the remains of Durance's soul, or of Eothas, possibly?
Which side has the truth of it there? Did Magran truly intend to blow Eothas up, and clean the trail after her? To me it seems like it, since it was dangerous knowledge.
5. Why did the Godhammer kill Eothas? I thought the Gods could only act through mortals by steering them, not actually posessing and taking over bodies. Shouldn't just the Saint have died, not the God himself?
6. For some reason, the Dryads refer to you as the "Ancient one". Why? Surely your soul isn't more ancient than any other? Or is the main character special for some reason, beyond being a watcher?
7. How/Why was the Watcher skills awakened? Was it the machine blast that did it?
Would love to have your thoughts and replies!