Will Project X be a good game?
56 members have voted
Neverwinter Nights 2 Community Update
January 11, 2008
Quick update today as things are pretty busy with 1.12 getting underway...
3d Model Contest
Just a quick update on the model contest. We received a lot of great entries. Unfortunately, many of those entries also came with the accusation of plagiarism. That means the entries have to be reviewed for authenticity, unfortunately this is proving difficult. I am now planning to announce the winners in February to give us time to review all the entries.
1.12 Patch News
The patch is technically in a pre-production phase right now. We may need to do some work to prepare for Ossian's Mysteries of Westgate Adventure Pack and that is delaying the shift into full production phase. In the meantime, some progress has been made.
1.12 Patch Goals (Jan. 11, 2008)
Items in green have passed the first phase of testing.
- Eliminate the errors caused by transitioning with familiars summoned.
- Fix the issue where the Use Magic Device skill takes priority over caster levels.
- Allow Warlocks to be able to take crafting feats.
- Eliminate area transition crashes.
- Fix the issue where swapping spells on level-up makes characters invalid. (Fixed as of 1/11).
- Update the Dedicated Server Creator to install NX1 files and model directories.
- Provide more detail in the Multiplayer "missing file" error message.
- Eliminate the item identification price discrepancies between the toolset and the price displayed in-game. (Fixed as of 1/11).
- Fix 75 spells.
- Make appropriate spells able to be scribed to a scroll.
- Allow Armorrulestats.2da, and other files, to be readable from hak pack in-game.
- Implement stealth animations for playable races. (Moved to a later Patch).
- Fix issues with Invisibility.
- Bind the player list to the P key.
- Implement the UI feature to change portraits in-game.(Implemented as of 1/11).
- Implement multi-server portal support.
- Increase the dedicated server player limit to 120. (Fixed as of 1/11 - Player limit will be 96).
- Implement the ability to change the loot bag appearance. (Moved to a later patch).
- Natural AC is not working properly (Added to patch).
- Losing points in UMD can cause items to be destroyed (Added to patch).
- Spellcasting classes not adding together in regards to prerequisites for feats and epic spells (Added to the patch).
As I said, this update would be short. I plan to do another update next week with a bit more info and our regular community works section.