Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Game freezes while loading

freeze loading crash

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Ingie

Ingie

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 2 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Hi,

Since yesterday I'm having a serious problem with the game. Every time I try to load any of my saves, the game freezes and stops responding, forcing me to quit it via task manager. I've updated my graphics drivers, tried it with Steam both on- and offline, I reinstalled the game and tried to run it as admin, but nothing helped. The problem started with the game slowing down considerably and falling to something like 10 FPS, several hours into the new White March expansion (right after the wolf cave). When I restarted it, the loading problem began. I should note that my computer is well above the minimal specs and I've had absolutely no issues with the game so far (something like 30 hours in).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Ingie

Ingie

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 2 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Oh and one more thing (sorry, I can't find out how to edit the previous comment). Here is my most recent save, in case anyone wants to try it out. It happens to all the saves, so I'm not exactly sure if it's going to be relevant. But still.

http://www.filedropp...97682russetwood

Aarik D

Aarik D

Community Manager

• Developers
  • 3120 posts
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Hello Ingie,

Sorry for the late response. Is the issue still happening? Could you please upload a new link? This one has expired. Could you also include an output log and a dxdiag as well? You can find the location of those files in my link in my signature. 

Thanks a bunch!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: freeze, loading, crash

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users