Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Do dialog options really matter?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

cav500

cav500

(0) Nub

• Members
  • 2 posts
I am playing Alpha Protocol on the pc and I have chosen to force anti aliasing on my video card to make the game look better. But this makes the dialog text options disappear in the game. I just played through the first level with just letting the dialog options come and go without choosing anything. Is it possible to get through the entire game this way?

WorstUsernameEver

WorstUsernameEver

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5626 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Uh.. it's *possible* but Alpha Protocol relies fairly heavy on its dialogue and the possibility to have fairly different experiences in different playthroughs so I wouldn't recommend it.

Hassat Hunter

Hassat Hunter

Royal Bug Catcher of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 4973 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Yeah, you'd miss the entire point of the game. If that bothers you, don't play it like that...

GhostofAnakin

GhostofAnakin

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 9348 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Characters react differently to how you answer. Some respond well to the direct approach, others respond better when charmed or when sarcastic. So already you'd be alienating certain characters, or at the very least, cutting down on options to gain valuable information from them.

I'd say AP, more than most games, the dialogue options determine the way events can unfold for you.

cav500

cav500

(0) Nub

• Members
  • 2 posts
But anti aliasing looks soooo pretty..... :w00t: Just kidding. Thanks guys. Now that I have gotten used to the controls and hacking this game is really good. I will test it this way for a while and then replay it without AA to make the dialogue choices.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users