Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

A couple of questions about Tuotilo’s Palm.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

prototype00

prototype00

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 142 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
It’s an interesting piece of equipment this, benefits from Transcendent Suffering, counts as both a Shield and another attack so you benefit from both Sword and Style and Two Weapon Style. But a couple of things I need to do some science on...

1. About how much damage do you lose opting for this? The deflection does seem nice.

2. If I’m playing Shattered Pillar does the extra wounds bonus apply? (Just when you’re dealing damage not taking it?)
  • Gary1986 likes this

Gary1986

Gary1986

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 506 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

It’s an interesting piece of equipment this, benefits from Transcendent Suffering, counts as both a Shield and another attack so you benefit from both Sword and Style and Two Weapon Style. But a couple of things I need to do some science on...

1. About how much damage do you lose opting for this? The deflection does seem nice.

2. If I’m playing Shattered Pillar does the extra wounds bonus apply? (Just when you’re dealing damage not taking it?)

I recently made a post before coming across yours.

Any you confirm that this shield benefits from "Two Weapon" style & "Sword and Shield" style?

Cheers

Dorftek

Dorftek

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 697 posts
Yes it does benefit from both.
  • Gary1986 likes this

Gary1986

Gary1986

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members