Tikiwara - Beach Freeze/Crash

MrHoot

Question

Upon entering Tikiwara from the boat my game experiences a hard crash. I can't Ctrl-Alt-Del. I can't Alt-Tab. It just locks up and the PC refuses to respond.

If I click on Tikiwara but choose "Leave by Foot" then re-enter the town at the other end, it won't crash. As soon as I approach the beach, it crashes. By crash I mean freeze and become non-responsive.

This is the second time this has happened. First time was upon loading into Sacred Stair. I tried about 15 reloads/restarts and eventually if just didnt crash one time so I was able to progress.

I should say that I've not experienced a game crashing in a good few years despite playing hundreds of games. I have a simple setup, more than capable of running the game (as I've had 40 hours of pretty much crash free gaming with this game so far), but right now I am very pissed off because I cannot progress.

I don't want to call the game a "buggy mess" because it's not, but man, there are some major bugs. Add to that that quest sequencing and updating is all over if you do things in an order different to what the game wants you to (without telling you beforehand, I might add) and you have to wonder what the hell the QA people were doing in the months they had to test this game.

I mean seriously, these crashes are seriously impairing my enjoyment, especially as I have to cold reboot every time because the PC goes totally non-responsive.

I have NO DOUBT that the game is at fault here. 

3 answers to this question

UPDATE : -

Well, after about 7 attempts at loading the save file, without changing anything, the game just let me roll on. Played for a few hours and didn't crash once after that.

I would love to know what's going on.

Greetings MrHoot,

Thanks for the post! If you would like us to investigate the matter please post a dxdiag, output.log, or crash dump; any information that will allow us to look into the matter as we cannot do anything without those necessary items.

Best,

-Caleb

I like big bugs and I cannot lie...

So just had the exact same issue on Xbox one version. It's 2020! Seriously? Fix the damn game already!  And don't same you need the logs because it happens ALL THE TIME in that location.

Great game so far despite the annoying load sequences (which are much improved).