Computer restarts in fight (spoilers!)

Beohel

Question

My computer automatically restarts everytime I am midway through the fight in the Forgotten Mausoleum, after taking the eulogy from the sarcophagus.

So, what I did was enter the tombs by climbing down the tree and heading straight for the Mausoleum.  After entering the Mausoleum, I disabled the traps and took the eulogy, which activated the fight. However, after hitting the mage halfway through, my computer will *restart*, not CTD for some reason.

I restarted the program and tried again and the computer restarts at the same place for some reason. I load up an earlier save and played all the way back to the same spot and it the computer restarts yet again. I tried to search for anyone with the same issue but cant seem to find one.

*Tried attaching saved game but I keep getting Error You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file

output_log.txt

DxDiag.txt

2 answers to this question

Hi Beohel,

I've experienced the exact same behavior and read in another thread that a user narrow this down to the braziers in the room causing issues. I've kept a save in this exact zone to test out different fixes, as I typically see a crash within 1-2 seconds of loading screen completion. I was able to make this room playable by turning all of my graphics options off and choosing to run the game in windowed mode at a resolution less than my native monitor resolution. This seemed be an adequate workaround, however, certain explosion animations still cause me to experience a hard system reset. Hope this helps you regain playability in a limited manner until a fix can be released.