PoE 2 only using 20 - 35 % of CPU power and running 20 - 30 FPS

aledroid

Question

I have a problem I cannot solve, the game for me is running at 15 - 30 fps at full resolution, I thought it was really demanding but I noticed is not using my CPU completely.

I have a laptop with a Processor Intel® Core i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz, 2401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

Nvidia GeForce 750M

8 GB ram.

I tried changing in-game setting and running it windowed but it didn't help. I don't have any problem with other (more demanding?) games such as Overwatch or Warframe.

All the processors are distributing the work equally, so it's not that only one is working.

The laptop is in High-performance mode.

I set to run as admin on the application proprieties.

Updated graphics card driver (before noticing is likely a CPU problem)

Ran a Ccleaner scan.

Something I might be missing? (running it on steam)
Edited by aledroid

2 answers to this question

I did some testing and is likely the graphics card is the bottleneck because lowering the resolution the CPU increases its use and the fps get better. 

Well, I was hoping it would be less demanding then FPS games, I guess those games are more optimized for worse pc specs. But at 1366 x 900 resolution and low details combat lag every time a major spell or ability is used. 

I don't think that Overwatch and Warframe are less demanding than Deadfire, probably the opposite is true. I have a GTX 1060 and Deadfire utilizes 75% of it, while running the game with ~70 FPS. I guess your graphics card is your bottlenek. Did you check the load on your graphics card too? Check this benchmark for comparison: https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html