[Firearms] Reload times can be completely skipped

Jimmy

Question

Only tested with the arquebus and arbalest but it seems that reloads are not working correctly with these weapons and I suspect all other ranged weapons.

I noticed that at the start of every combat encounter the first reload after the opening shot is basically non-existent. I think maybe it's applying an 85% stealth bonus to reload time regardless of whether or not you're starting in stealth. It seems to return to normal after the second shot.

However I then realised you can skip reloads entirely if you click to attack a target at any time after the reload animation starts:

• Like 1

2 answers to this question

:( yeah man i am having the same issue and guns are my main use with my main character. I can reload saves but end up running into the same issue again after the next fight...I'm using the quick switch gunslinger method and he will get a few rounds off then get stuck in the whole reload mechanic through the rest of the battle. Tried to switch weapons/re-equip but he still just gets stuck in reloading. Resting doesn't work and reloading a saved game works temporary until the next fight. 

I have noticed as well if youre using Eccea's Arcane Blaster with the shock run you can skip reload as well and cast the shock rune twice with no reload penalty. You can also still cast the shock rune when this glitch is going on.

Edited by iconners