The Shadow Under Neketaka Quest Issue

So I'm at the dragon but I can only either free the dragon or kill it. Unfortunately for some reason I can't free it's soul and I can't strengthened the ward.

Everytime I try to strengthen the ward the dragon brings out tentacles and destroys the wards, leaving me with no option but to kill it. This happens even after he gives up and leaves it's fate to me. Is there any solution to this ?

Also is there a way to manipulate the wards to free his soul and store power into the wards? It keeps telling me it was way more complicated than thought..

The group needs to have metaphysics of 9+ to manipulate the stones.  I had to bring in every character with high metaphysics to give my Watcher enough of a boost to do it.  One of the consumables can also give +2.  I don't know about trapping it as I didn't pursue that.  Good luck!

I can't seem to get the door to open no matter what order I do it in.  I guess it doesn't matter since i have no toon combination that will equal 9 in metaphysics. :/  I went to leave and come back later but it basicly said I would fail the quest if I leave now.

I finally managed to strengthen the wards.

Level 14 Party, Eder and 4 spell casters, one spell caster on each round stone to protect the wards from dragon attack (you see an energy shield protecting wards from dragon's attacks but not from tentacles ones).

1st round invoking every help possible

Every other round, sending either a sleep spell or using Eder attacks to stun the dragon, blocking it to call the water tentacles

You have to cast your most powerful spells to decrease dragon's life asap, but be careful not to kill him.

After 5 tries (killed him once, 3 other tries a ward was destroyed), I managed to make him lose enough life to surrender before the first tentacle attack.

Good luck.

The group needs to have metaphysics of 9+ to manipulate the stones.  I had to bring in every character with high metaphysics to give my Watcher enough of a boost to do it.  One of the consumables can also give +2.  I don't know about trapping it as I didn't pursue that.  Good luck!

I found I couldn't do it unless my watcher had 9 in metaphysics. I had 1 point and Aloth had 10 but it wouldn't let me manipulate them until I used a cheat to up my personal metaphysics.

Atsura, the intelligent Psychopath of my dreams.  I like my elves grumpy and my godlike fishy!

And my Rekke romancable!

When tasked this I had 0 metaphysics myself and 3 (6/2 since it's a companion) on sharkboy. Next thing I did was using a drug which gave +2 to metaphysics (among other passive skills) to every companion thus adding extra 4 and passing the check. This is not drug propaganda. Almost. You can buy them where all the shady people are gathered.

• 4 weeks later...

When tasked this I had 0 metaphysics myself and 3 (6/2 since it's a companion) on sharkboy. Next thing I did was using a drug which gave +2 to metaphysics (among other passive skills) to every companion thus adding extra 4 and passing the check. This is not drug propaganda. Almost. You can buy them where all the shady people are gathered.

Eh? The only place I've found that has the Blessed Incense is the temple vendor in Sacred Stair, and she only has one.

You can also convince the dragon so that you could siphon part of its soul into the guild and then let it go, that way you get the best of both worlds. The guild remains strong as that part of dragon's soul feeds its power for years to come, and the dragon is free and will be able to help you in the future. I don't remember what it requires but my Arcana and Metaphysics were REALLY high.

Also is there a way to manipulate the wards to free his soul and store power into the wards? It keeps telling me it was way more complicated than thought..

Yeah I did it. I don't remember the requirements, but I think Metaphysics has to be super high. 

I *think* you have to read his soul first, and then with high Metaphysics figure out that you can simply channel part of it into the wards and let the dragon go. Then convince the dragon of it and perform the deed.

Edited by Aridea
Emissary Tar: At last, someone who looks like they could be of some assistance! The assorted boobs and dimwits around here have been of very little help.

Charname: I’m afraid you have mistaken us for someone else. I’m Dimwit, this is my good friend Boob, and behind me you’ll find Brainless and Moron. How do you do? 

You can also convince the dragon so that you could siphon part of its soul into the guild and then let it go, that way you get the best of both worlds. The guild remains strong as that part of dragon's soul feeds its power for years to come, and the dragon is free and will be able to help you in the future. I don't remember what it requires but my Arcana and Metaphysics were REALLY high.

Yeah I did it. I don't remember the requirements, but I think Metaphysics has to be super high. 

I *think* you have to read his soul first, and then with high Metaphysics figure out that you can simply channel part of it into the wards and let the dragon go. Then convince the dragon of it and perform the deed.

So you don't appear to need the high metaphysics if you end up fighting him?(I did read his soul first though) Cause I tried, discovered my MP wasn't high enough said **** and was trying to strengthen the wards thus triggering a fight, got him to low and THAN I managed to take part of his soul and let him go.

Edited by SerenityHarkness

So you don't appear to need the high metaphysics if you end up fighting him?(I did read his soul first though) Cause I tried, discovered my MP wasn't high enough said **** and was trying to strengthen the wards thus triggering a fight, got him to low and THAN I managed to take part of his soul and let him go.

Seems like no.

I never fought him, just managed to convince him from the start that I am a Watcher and I know what I am doing.

Emissary Tar: At last, someone who looks like they could be of some assistance! The assorted boobs and dimwits around here have been of very little help.

Charname: I’m afraid you have mistaken us for someone else. I’m Dimwit, this is my good friend Boob, and behind me you’ll find Brainless and Moron. How do you do?