Missing auto-attack behaviour

I am missing an auto-attack behaviour that would make the character auto-attack anything in their range, but never move. 

Right now the only behaviour that kind of does that is defend self, but it's not really what I want for my melee front line. Defend-self allows a melee character to move to a ranged enemy that is attacking them, but sometimes the charater seems to move to the next enemy after killing the previous one even if they are not directly attacked, sometimes they don't start attacking even if there is another enemy right next to them (which is the correct behaviour based on it's description I guess).

I would just like a simple auto-attack behaviour that says never move at all, but always auto-attack anything that is in your range.

• Like 5

I'm missing such a behaviour too ... I hope they work on this. I also don't like that summons take over the auto-attack behaviour of the caster. If you set your chanter to Defend-self his summons just stand there until they are attacked.

• Like 1

Doesn't this autoattack setting happen, when you remove behavioral scripts completely but keep the AI on?
Character will just autottack anything you order them to, and keep doing till he getts new order.

Edited by Farsha

Doesn't this autoattack setting happen, when you remove behavioral scripts completely but keep the AI on?

Character will just autottack anything you order them to, and keep doing till he getts new order.

AI scripting and auto-attack behavior are two different things. If you keep the AI on, you will always have one of currently four auto-attack behaviours selected, but none of them does what I described.