Many, many bugs

vml

Question

Hi.  I have the steam version on PC.

I'm encountering a shocking amount of game play bugs.

The final scenario of Rise of the Runelords.  On legendary difficulty, the Blue Dragon henchman is unkillable.  It does 2-5 damage to all characters, as expected... then I get a green "proceed" arrow instead of a combat display.  I click proceed... and it just shuffles back into the deck!

I tried 4 times, attacking with different characters, happens every time.  But ONLY ON LEGENDARY.  If I play on the other 2 difficulties, there's no problem.

The same happens with the Kobold Heretic villain in the Valaros campaign.  Undefeatable... but ONLY ON LEGENDARY MODE.

So, I can't complete any campaign. :(

Sometimes my heal spells/items/allies just stop healing.  I discard/bury the card.  It gives me a die to roll, and after rolling it... ZERO healing!  This will happen with ALL healing items/spells/allies, until I exit the app and restart.  Then all items/spells/allies heal like normal until the next time the bug hits.

The loot "revelation quill" locks the game most times that I use it anymore.  It asks me to pick a location, I pick it, it zooms me to that location... and just sits there.  Nothing is clickable except the location deck.  I click it and the back of the card magnifies.  That's it.  I must exit the app and restart in order to get a red "undo" button which is the only way I can proceed.  AGAIN, I'm noticing this only since I've been doing legendary runs.  This card worked a few days ago.

Invincible Breastplate:  It it a typo or a bug?  It says I can discard it to reduce all damage to 0 (I'm proficient).  Indeed, the only buttons that appear are "recharge" and "discard"... yet, if I discard, it only reduces damage by 1... just like every card in the game.

There's a LOT more bugs but all of these happened earlier today, so they're fresh in my mind now.

4 answers to this question

Have you tried Alt-Tab from the application to get past the scrying-errors? I play on Android, so I don't know if it works. Scrying and Revelation Quill both work perfectly in Android - had lock-down problems with Runewell location.

Also: is Augury broken for you as well or not?

Have you tried Alt-Tab from the application to get past the scrying-errors? I play on Android, so I don't know if it works. Scrying and Revelation Quill both work perfectly in Android - had lock-down problems with Runewell location.

Also: is Augury broken for you as well or not?

Augury worked fine.  So, I assume it is a problem in the location selection part of the process.

Reading your answer and rereading my complaint, I thought of something... if a restart fixed my faulty healing spells... I wondered if it would fix a faulty henchman?

So, I played again and upon encountering the blue dragon, I exited the app after every damage check.  I even went all out and rebooted after the last damage check.

Restarted the app.... and YES!  I went into combat, instead of having the dragon just shuffle back into the deck.

I'm assuming I can do the same with the Kobold Heretic.

I have no idea why I'm having these issues, given that no one else is reporting them.

"I have no idea why I'm having these issues, given that no one else is reporting them."

It may be that the bug is tied to Legendary difficulty - and I imagine not many people are playing the final scenario on Legendary difficulty which is why no-one else is reporting it. (I just played scenario 6.5 on normal and didn't encounter any of those bugs - aside from the scrying/revelation quill one). Alternatively it might be related to whatever wildcards you've got, which I guess even fewer people are playing with.